|| I Like Y/N

"I like Y/N," Hermione confessed

"Gee, never noticed," Ron snorted with a chuckle.

"Honestly," Harry snickered.

"I'm serious," Hermione deadpanned. The two boys stopped in their steps, turning around to look at Hermione who was stilled in her position.

Harry and Ron stared at Hermione blankly, their books slightly falling out of their grasp. Stuttering and stumbling over their words at the sudden confession, Hermione's face was flushed as she kicked her feet and fumbled with her fingers.

"What?" Ron was the first to speak up, his mouth opening and closing in surprise.

Hermione sighed, realizing that maybe she had dropped a bombshell too quickly. "I mean, I really like her, as more than a friend," she clarified, her cheeks growing warmer.

Harry and Ron exchanged surprised glances before Ron grinned mischievously. "Well, Hermione, you might want to start by telling Y/N instead of blurting it out to us."

Hermione's eyes widened. "Oh, I didn't mean to say it like that," she stammered, feeling a mix of embarrassment and anxiety.

"You like Y/N?" Harry asked, his curiosity piqued. The complexities of romance were starting to dawn on him, and this revelation was quite unexpected. "Like... like, like  her?"

"I don't know!" Hermione groaned, her frustration evident. "Maybe it's just a girl-crush. Y/N's so cool, and I thought it might be just a phase, you know? A passing thing," she rambled, running her fingers through her hair, inadvertently tugging at it in her agitation.

"Hold on a second," Ron interrupted, raising his hand for emphasis. "How did you figure this out?"

"Figure it out?" Hermione repeated, her voice tinged with embarrassment. Both Harry and Ron nodded, eager for the details. "Well, I've had these feelings for a while, but I didn't fully realize until last night. Aurora confessed her feelings to Y/N, and I felt... weird about it. I mean, really weird," she admitted, pausing as she realized she'd divulged more than she intended.

"Aurora confessed to Y/N!?" Harry and Ron exclaimed, their eyes wide with surprise.

"Yeah," Hermione muttered weakly. "When I heard about it, I felt like this... weird feeling in my stomach—"

"You were jealous?" Ron interjected.

Hermione stared at him blankly before her expression shifted to one of fear and worry, as if her deepest secret had been uncovered. "I— I-I..." she stammered.

"No use denying it, you've basically professed your love for Y/N at this point," Harry cut her off before she could go on another rant.

Just then, a loud crashing noise interrupted their conversation. They all turned to see a disheveled Draco, who had clearly been eavesdropping.