|| Back Home

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Nobody will come to a pub where they'll get scared out of their wits."

The voices of the adults could be heard from behind the door as Y/N and Harry quietly ascended the stairs, seeking to eavesdrop on their conversation. Their breaths were shallow as Y/N carefully withdrew her hand from under the cloak and gently pushed the door open.

Harry whispered, "What's the plan?"

"Getting us inside!" Y/N replied in a hushed tone, smoothly guiding Harry into the room.

Rosmerta appeared puzzled, believing the door had opened by itself. Harry and Y/N stealthily moved past her, and she closed the door once more, ensuring it was securely locked. A trace of suspicion briefly crossed her face before she refocused her attention on McGonagall and Fudge, who continued their discussion.

"Tell me what this is all about!" Rosmerta demanded.

McGonagall let out a sigh. "Well, years ago, when Harry Potter's parents realized they were marked for death," she began, her words coming out quickly but with a steady resolve. "Do you remember? They went into hiding, much like the Crimsons. Very few knew their whereabouts."

McGonagall continued, "One who did know was Sirius Black, and he told You-Know-Who!"

Beside Y/N, Harry tensed, and she turned to look at him immediately. He wore a shocked expression, refusing to meet her eyes as he stared at the conversation unfolding before him. A maelstrom of emotions and betrayal churned within him.

"Not only did Black lead him to the Potters that night," McGonagall revealed, causing Y/N's brow to furrow, "but he also nearly exposed the Crimsons' daughter's secret. Times were desperate back then, and the daughter of the wealthiest would have been a valuable hostage."

"But what's even worse," Fudge chimed in, his voice trembling, "is that Sirius Black killed Peter Pettigrew!"

McGonagall nodded in agreement. "Yes, a little lump of a boy, always trailing after Black."

"I remember," Rosmerta nodded, her mind drifting back to her school years when she attended Hogwarts with the infamous James Potter and the Marauders. "Peter Pettigrew never let James and Sirius out of his sight. I heard his group was constantly getting into fights with Caspian's?"

"Well, Peter warned the Crimsons, which gave them enough time to prepare to leave the country and go to America," McGonagall added. "He might have saved the Potters if he hadn't run into an old friend who was furious with him for letting the Crimson family escape the country!"

"Black was ruthless," Fudge interjected. "He didn't just kill Pettigrew; he obliterated him!"

McGonagall sighed in agreement. "Yes, Sirius Black may not have directly harmed the Potters, but he's the reason they're dead!"