|| Normal

⋆·˚ ༘ * "You didn't have to talk back, you know," Hermione remarked to Y/N as the group made their way through the corridors during the lunch break

"He was being a arse," Y/N replied with a shrug.

"Snape did make a point," Ron chimed in.

Y/N playfully shot him a glare. "Shut up, Weasle-bee."

"Hey!" Ron protested, his voice cracking slightly.

"Uhm, guys?" Harry whispered, catching their attention. He unfolded a piece of paper he had pulled from his pocket. Y/N furrowed her brow as she examined it. It depicted Harry being struck by lightning during the Quidditch match.

"Who gave you that?" Hermione asked, a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"Malfoy," Harry answered, his tone bitter.

"Don't worry, mate. Just make sure to win the match against the Hufflepuffs tomorrow," Y/N nudged his side. "Fairly easy to beat, Hufflepuff is a pushover. You caught the Snitch in about five minutes last year, remember?"

 "But I won't promise that I'll go easy on you and your team in the second match if you do win against Hufflepuff," she added with a mischievous grin.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really now?" He couldn't resist the opportunity to tease. "Honestly, no offense, Y/N, but the only standout players on your team are you, Cho Chang, and Roger Davies," he retorted. 

"Your Beaters could use a little work," he said with a smirk.

Y/N scoffed. "That's rich, considering how Ravenclaw completely shit on Gryffindor in first-year because you were in the Hospital Wing. Gryffindor has absolutely no hope if you don't catch the Snitch." She fired back.

Harry blushed, rolling his eyes, realizing he had just run out of comebacks. "Pfft, whatever."

"If you lose against Hufflepuff I'll go after your ass and never let you forget how you lost to a bunch of losers," Y/N playfully defended her team.

Ron chimed in, "It's true, though. Ravenclaw's got excellent team communication and strategies that baffle the other houses, but the Beaters and the Keeper could step up their game a bit. Y/N probably has more muscle than the two Beaters combined."

"Heard about the new Hufflepuff Captain; Diggory put a very strong side together, they said. I played against him a few months ago for practice, he's an excellent Seeker, according to Cho, at least," Y/N said.

"Gee, thanks," Harry replied sarcastically. "Are you gonna attend my match tomorrow?" he asked.

Y/N gritted her teeth and let out an awkward chuckle. "No can do. I have detention."

"I told you," Hermione rolled her eyes. "You didn't have to stand up to Snape for me, or anyone really— especially to a teacher."

"But I want to," Y/N blew a raspberry, Hermione looked at her unamused. "I can't have anyone talking to you like that— even a teacher."