Chapter 1: efy- oritentation

"Mom I fine!" I said as my mother wiped her licked thumb across my face.
"It's just some mustard, chill."
"Mom, I'm almost 18 I can take car if myself."
I hugged my mom and she whispered "I love you, Bailey! Have fun at efy! Make friends!" In my ear.
I headed to the entrance of BYU Provo when my dad yelled "make good choices!" I chuckled and blew a kiss.
"It's only a week," I yelled with my back turned.

When I caught up with my cousin Kate, and my long time friend lachland, we walked to the sign in sheet. "I'm so excited," lachland said. "I know, but my first year was amazing!" I said
"Do you remember Kate? We shared a dorm"
"Yes, best week of my life!"
Kate is one year older than me, and lachland is a couple months younger than me. Bailey Cook. I wrote on the 16-18 year old category on the sign up sheet. "Kate Lewis and Bailey Cook, I have your dorm key. Follow my son Chandler to your room." "I'm mrs. Riggs by the way if you have any questions or concerns." Lachland walked with another man to his room. One look at Chandler and my heart stopped. Whoa. I didn't know a guy could look this good!

" As my mom said I'm Chandler Riggs. I'll be in your age group." He said
"Are you new this year I can't say I've ever seen you in the past years." I say "I've been going since I was 14," I add
"Yes, me and my family just moved here from Georgia."
"This is your room. I'll see you ladies around." He said with a smirk on his face.
"Thanks Chandler!" I called
"No problem." He said as he stated walking away.
"Wow." Kate said as she closed the door.
"What?" I said like I was hiding something.
"You are head over heels in love with that guy!"
"No, he's just a really nic-" she cut me off
" Are you kidding me, you look like you were drooling over him!"
"Was it that obvious? Do you think he noticed?"
"Oh my gosh Bailey, pull your self together!" Kate said with a laughing tone in her voice and nudging my shoulder.
"Your just jelly." I said
"No, I'm with Noah, remember?"
"Ya, like you don't talk about him every second of your life!" I said while folding clothes into their temporary home.

Kate, lachland, and I all waked to the food court after we got situated in our dorms. Kate is telling lachland about Chandler. "...I was thinking they could have 16 kids," Kate said. That was an inside joke lachland didn't understand. Lachland' sister, Gabi, used to go on and on about how me and lachland would get married and have 16 children. It was a joke and I'm surprised it never got around to lachland. "Kate!" I yelled. lachland had a puzzled look on his face, which I was ok with. It's kind of an embarrassing joke. "Your just bitter it's never going to happen." Kate said. "Very funny" I said jokingly as I pulled my chair out to sit. "There's lover boy!" Kate whispered to lachland. "His hair is kinda like mine." Lach said with a signature Justin Bieber hair flip. We all laughed, which caught Chandler's attention. He stared to walk over.
"Hey, how's your dorm"
"Great, thanks for showing us where I is." I said with a mouth full of food.
"Sorry" I mumbled out
"No worries,"
"I saw we have class next, would you let me take
you?" Chandler asked.
" if that's ok with you friend."
"What, lachland?"
"We aren't dating!" We both said in unison.
"Ok in that case you you like to go to the dance tonight with me."
"Sound great!" I said
"Great, I'll be outside your dorm at 8."
He put his arm on his hip like we were walking down the aisle.
"Me easy to go?"
"Mmmum." Was all I mumbled out
"You two have fun!" Kate said as we walked away.
I turned around and mouthed the words "oh my gosh!" To Kate and lach.