Chapter 10: be there for me

Chandler and I drive up to Provo to visit my granddaddy and grandma. We couldn't come yesterday because it was already midnight by the time I got home. We turned in to the street and drove up the steep mountain. We parked and sat in the car we a minute. "You ready?" He asks holding my hand. I take a deep breath. "Yes." We get out of the car and link hands. I knocked on the door. But it was unlocked. I walk in and see my exstended family gathered around a tree. (My grandma who lives in Texas was divorced to my granddaddy so grandma penny has kids. What I call my exstended family) "well, hello!" My grandma penny says. Getting off the couch to give us hugs. "Good to see you, grandma."
"Bailey girl!" My granddaddy comes over and give me a tight hug and those scratchy kisses on my cheek. "Penny, Larry, we have some news." Chandler says.
"What is it, pumpkin?" My grandma asks. I held up my left hand and she gasped so loud I think the neighbors heard. "Oh my gosh!!" She was dancing out of her pants.
"I'm happy for you!" My granddaddy said with a smile, and shaking Chandler's hand.
"Bailey, we got you a gift for Christmas!" One of my cousins yelled. I walk over to the family room and sit down on the couch a small box the size of half a stick of butter sat on my lap wrapped in Santa paper.
"It's for both of you!" One of my aunts say.
"Thank you." I say as I unwrapped it. It the box there was a car key. "What?" I say
"Come with me." My granddaddy says. I followed him to the church behind his house a red Ford Fusion was in the parking lot. "There is your car, Merry Christmas!" I handed him the car key
"Granddaddy we can't except this!"
"Yes you can, and you will. Go take a spin. I get handed back to car keys and I get in the passenger side and Chandler in the drivers. "Thank you so much sir!" Chandler says.
"Happy engagement!" He says. I roll down my window. "Who told you?" I ask
"Your mom, but we didn't dare tell penny." He said and laughed. My mom was a blabber mouth. "Go on, come back for dinner." He said. I rolled up my window and Chandler drove to temple square. We parked and got out of the car. "You hungry?" He asked after hearing my stomach growl. "Yes." He took me to the Lion House for lunch. after we walked around for a bit we. We were linked in hands and walking down the street and stood in front of the SLC temple. "We will be right here in this very spot in about 2 years." He says as we star up at the massive building. "I love you so much, Bailey! I can't wait to call you my wife!" I kiss him and we walk back to the car. "Where do you want to go?" He asks.
" I want to go to my aunts grave.i want to tell her." I say. "I'd love to see meet her." He said after kissing my forehead. and we drove 2 hours all the way to Logan to see my aunts grave. Wen we parked around the teardrop Shaped cemetery I could see someone at the grave too. I walked over and saw her husband, my uncle lane. He was crying. I knelt down to where he was sitting and rubbed his back putting my hand on on his. "We both miss her." I say in a soft voice.
We got up and hugged. His tears dried up and we talked for a bit. "Sorry you had to see me crying." He says. "You have every right to, sir." Chandler said
"How come you guys stopped by?" He asks. I held up my hand to show him the ring. "Awe B, I'm so happy for you." He says.
"I got to get going so you and Chandler have have your time with her." He says
"Thank you." I say as he gets in his humongous truck and drives off. I stare at the grave and a tear falls down my face. Chandler reaches over and hugs me.
"Let's tell her together." He says. We kneel down holding hands. "Aunt Shelly, we're engaged!" I say with happy and sad tears now stream down my face. I touch her picture on her grave stone and say: "I miss you." Now I'm crying uncontrollably Chandler sits cross legged on the grass and pulled me in. I have my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso. I rest my head on his back and we just say there bonded together. This was a moment I needed to show Chandler, he needed to understand. His hand does circles on my back. He pulls me back so he can see my face. My mascara is running. He wipes a tear away and pulled a stray hair behind my ear. "You are one hot mess." He says. I chuckle.
"Thets get you back to your granddaddy's for dinner." We sit up and walk in the car. I held his hand the whole way there. He was there for me and never left my side. I really does love me. I say to myself. We arive back to penny and Larry' s house and eat dinner. Chandler senses that im just ready to leave. "I think me and B are going to head out. Thank your for dinner and the car, sir." He says to my granddaddy. "Your apart of this family now, son. Stop by anytime you need something.you can leave the old car, you can bring it up another day." He says.
"Will do thanks, pops." He waved us goodbye. The drive home was quite, just Christmas carols.
"B, you feeling ok?" He says kissing my forehead at a red light. His lips linger there for a bit. I nod my head saying yes. "Your warm." She says squeezing my hand. "I'm ok." I say back.
"You're forehead doesn't agree with that's statement." He says.
"Maybe a little ity bitty fever." I say holding up my hand with little space I between the index and thumb. He hands me his phone. Text my mom, he says. "Chandler in not dying!" I say with a chuckle.
"Txt her that were coming by." He says. And I did.

When we arrived at the Riggs Chandler's mom made soup and Chandler checked my temperature. "103', B" he says
"You have a good sense of temperature my friend." I say. He laughed.
"I have soup for sickie!" His mother said
"Ew." Greyson said. Jina waved her hand at him like she had no patience for him. I ate my soup while Chandler showed them our new car. Then the boys and I played Black Ops 3. Lets just say I won!
"I'll pick you up tomorrow and we can get the car." I told Chandler.
"You'd think I'd let you?" He says. I groan
"I will will drive you home and take Greyson to pick up the other car." He says.
"Fine." I say flooding my arms. We stand up and he takes me home. I open the front door, mom in the kitchen with a cake. "Mom!" I groan
"You a re engaged! Let's party!" She says
"She's also sick." Chandler says moving to to my room. I lay down on my bed. "Be quiet!" Annie says. She's on Skype with hunter.
"I'll see you tomorrow let me know if you need anything." Chandler says walking away.
"Hey! I don't get a kiss?" I yell. Annie shuushes me. Chandler walked over and kisses my fore head.
"Your sick, I don't want to get sick."
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight."
I fell asleep after he left.