006

I land on the outside balcony of Oscorp Tower. I step up to the door with a scanning interface already trying to scan me. It lit up green with a robotic voice greeting me.

"Good Morning, Spider-Man."

I step past the sliding doors to see him say behind his office table, he watches me with a narrow stare before lifting himself.

"If you are calling that must mean the Ice-Box has been breached." His serious expression doesn't shift, nor does she react to my words. "Oh... shit, they did break out didn't they?"

"I would say worse but I don't know if it is or not," he gestures for me to walk with him.

I follow him quietly through the hallways with multiple heavily armored soldiers watching the two of us. They are nearly more armored up than Rhino but Rhino is a simpleton with the body of a titan.

He doesn't hate things, he just thinks everything is in the way and I don't know if his escapes are just fits of rage or if he genuinely wants to hurt people. Maybe he doesn't even understand what he is doing.

After all, he is ninety percent machine at this point.

"I read the Daily Bugle."

I glance at him. "He is overselling my abilities."

"A sudden appearance of two Rhinos was not enough to stop our Amazing Spider-Man!" He chuckles slightly. "JJ has never stopped singing your praises and the rest of us can't believe how much you've been doing for us."

By the rest of us, he means my old group of friends.

"The last place I want to be is between two of them, though they could bend my body in ways I didn't think possible. Might help with the stiffness in my lower back."

He exhales through his nose. "Have you been sleeping?"

"I have."

"Recently?" He glances at me over his shoulder.

"More than I did," I say as I glance around at all the pictures in the hallway.

Some of his father, some of his friends. I am not in any of these pictures, but that's like expecting anybody that was my friend once upon a time even want to give me the light of day. They love Spider-Man. They hate me.

I suppose the exception is Peter Parker, he eagerly helped out with the first edition of my suit despite my wanting to abandon my life. Harry... well he is only being nice to me because I am helping keep his city safe.

More than his father ever did anyway.

We walk into a security room.

"Hi, Spider-man!" Someone greets me who is standing guard. "Mayor Orborn."

I lift my hand, only moving my fingers up and down to greet him. We move to a security station where someone with glasses is busy inspecting what looks like security footage. She brushes her long black hair over her ear before spotting the two of us.

"Mayor Osborn," she looks at me, her eyes narrowing slightly before she looks back at him. "I've looked at the footage a couple of dozen times. They... just disappeared out of all their cells and there is nothing showing what happened.

"Like one frame later and they are gone?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer me. Not everyone likes me.

I clear my throat and look at Harry, "Like one frame later and they are gone...?"

He nods. "All of the criminals that you have put into the Ice-Box are gone. My father, Vulture, and Rhino that we locked up again... all of them just blinked away and we only noticed during patrols. No signs of where they went, even the radiation scanners aren't finding any form of energy."

"May I?" I gesture so that I can sit down at her desk, she only glares at me. "Actually, I've been swinging all morning, I'd rather stand."

"Replay the tapes," he commands her.

She does as she is told, reluctantly, but she did it. I watch the clips carefully knowing that it will be a hassle for her to stop. I capture the scene on my lenses and then step back to inspect it through them while Harry asks for her input.

I can't see anything, if I was there in person maybe I'd be able to sense something with my Spidey sense. I hover in place for a moment to look through the footage before I see a glimpse of something on an angle that almost hid it perfectly.

It looks like a portal, almost invisible.

The camera can probably not capture it. But if I had to begin thinking about a reason then I'd be picking up straws till one or two scientific terms seem to fit with the scenario.

"I think it has something to do with us seeing more than one Rhino," I state.

"Inter-dimensional research has never made a breakthrough," he crosses his arms as he looks at me. "We've been working with Stark to figure out the what and the how behind it but even then we are all stumped."

"We haven't made a breakthrough in this world," I state. "I met another Spider-Man last night that helped me and they can probably tell me where they went."

He narrows his eyes, then drops his gaze to the floor as he rubs his chin. "What does that mean for my father?"

"Your guess is about as good as mine," I state. "Or maybe he found an anonymous club for Green Goblins and they get to talk about how a syringe drove them insane."

He shoots a cold glare at me. "(Y/-" he stops himself from calling me my name. "Please."

"Sorry," I lift my hands into the air. "He hasn't been attempting to take my life at all, if anything he has to be one of my favorite flying villains. Electro is the worst, by the way," I lift my hand to whisper the last part.

He shakes his head at me. "What are you going to do?"

"Find them, bring them back."

He nods slowly. "If something like that exists, would you mind bringing back tech with you?" I watch him carefully. "It would be seriously helpful for our research and bridging the gap between worlds."

"I don't even trust myself with it," I tell him. "But I'll see what I can do."

I walk away from him and head to leave. If there is one thing about the people around me, is that I don't trust them to do the right thing half of the time even though I want to believe they won't do something stupid to get themselves killed.

I've only been talking to Harry because he is the mayor, we aren't friends.

At least they have allowed me to keep the city safe and have been making my life easier to do that by not flagging me as some mentally ill vigilante. Whatever though, it is hardly their fault that things turned out this way.

I leap off of the side of the building and call Felicia. She picks up instantly.

"Miss me?"

"Everyone is missing, is Fisk still around?"

"Don't know, what do you mean by everyone?"

"Everyone I put in a jail cell," I state. "I have a feeling that they have been rescued by their counterparts and that probably means I should be hearing from the people that are keeping the multiverse from being infiltrated by the Sinister Six-hundred."

"Scarry thought," she chuckles. "I'll keep an eye out and tell you what I can find."

"Thanks, Felicia," I grunt as I shoot out a web to stop my fall and use the momentum to launch me away from Oscorp Tower.

"Hey, at least the city will be safer with all of them gone.

"Maybe I can finally get some sleep, and you know, work on that thing you are so upset about all of the time."

"Funny. Call me when I learn something."

The call cuts and the first thing I feel is my whole body shake and shudder, my senses being overwhelmed by something appearing in the distance. It feels different from the other Rhino... it feels like that Silk just appeared in my world again.

"Oh I am never getting used to that feeling," I shake my entire body as I pursue it, to meet her.

It looks like she is just in time.