022

The fight between us continues for what feels like a good ten minutes. Every attack I through he easily counterattacks with speed that matches mine and strength that edges closer and closer as if I am losing my edge.

He's gotten more hits in on me than I have gotten in on him and I have concluded that he isn't just human but rather has been modified in a way to compete with us. That would say we are special enough to find someone to match us but any superhuman with the powers he has will have it easy.

I clench my fists, fighting back that killing intent.

"Weak," he steps closer to me.

"I'd like to think that I am not properly prepared," I gesture to my outfit. "Get rid of the sword, shield, and outfit. Maybe we level the playing field or get along?"

I leap backward to create space as he closes the gap with insane speed. I narrow my eyes at him wondering if I am buying enough time for the rest to keep on fighting, wondering if I am doing the right thing by waiting for the other Spiders to show up.

Because I haven't seen the rest.

He unhooks something from his belt and bounces it to his palms. "Like a rat scurrying away." He tosses it forward, I feel my senses screaming at me.

I try to leap away only for glowing lasers to track me. I try to web it up but the orb breaks open with net-like ropes jumping at me and activating electrifying bindings that wrap around me and force me to topple over.

"Shit..." I struggle out of it.

"Maybe I mistook you for a Spider. This is pathetic."

I chuckle awkwardly, "Maybe? So let me go and we call this a mistake."

He flourishes the sword in his hand before slicing the edge over his bracers. He steps forward as I grind my teeth while he steps closer, landing in front of me I see Older Gwen facing him now instead of me while I try to worm my way out.

"Are you okay?" She asks me.

"Been better," I admit.

I lower my gaze hoping that she gets her ass out of my view because I don't want to be held accountable for feeling so many feelings right now.

"Masters?" She asks.

"Looks like you know, but I don't know you."

"It comes with the territory," she chuckles. "So... another superhuman serum?"

"You learn quickly."

"We have logs on you," she states. "Funny thing is that you aren't dying from neural degradation anymore, anything to do with the fact that Masters dies ages ago and you are just a clone pumped with what is technically steroids."

He laughs. "So you know there's more than one of us, know that without help you are dead."

"Why is it always an ultimatum with you?" She sighs, I hear her charge to attack him while I struggle to get myself out of the bind.

Every movement feels more restraining than the other. I glance occasionally to see that he easily adapted to her fighting style but there is still movement lingering around when he was fighting me.

Neural degradation? These bindings are shocking my nerves dead every time I try to get rid of them and they are draining all of the fight that I have inside of me. Like torturing me for daring to be captured.

Feeling my strength getting shocked out of me, I weakly lay on the floor with little choice on what to do. The fight is terribly one-sided with Masters adapting around her fighting and matching the same speed and strength almost too easily.