026

*** Lucille POV (The female you) *** 

In the distance I feel the wind kick up, I glance over my shoulder to see that one of the engines of the ship is glowing a bright orange. In the next moment, a burst of light disintegrated all the buildings and trees that were growing behind the engine.

"Christ above," I mutter. "The place is already wrecked. But at the very least things are starting to work again."

Eddie with his hands dug into his pockets glances at me. "If one of them works then that means we figured out the fuel situation. The entire ship must be ready to take off... took them forever."

I glance at him. "Place is still a wreck on the inside."

"We've been cleaning it," he rolls his eyes at me, "don't give me that look when you know none of us here are exactly meant to be cleaning the wreck of a ship that we didn't even know was going to operate."

I mutter. "I told you all it is operational, it just needed some tender love and care... more than any of us have ever received."

"Hurts when you put it like that," he laughs.

From where the two of us are standing, I step off of the edge of the building and start swinging towards the ship. Need to see if something caught fire or if we finally did manage to build that damned things to work properly. Then we just slip in the device we use to travel dimensions into the ship's systems and we can start reverse engineering it.

The suit grumbles before asking, "We are finally close."

"Almost," I reassure him. "We just need to get it space-worthy. After that, we need to make sure we can get it to jump wherever we need to and then we launch an assault on one of the last facilities before being ready."

"What about them?"

"If they get in the way we shove them, if they plan on stopping us we kill them. If they are willing to listen then sure, we can allow them to help us but only on our terms."

***   Normal POV   ***

I woke up to someone snuggling up to me. Better than how I usually wake up wondering if the person sharing my bed with me is still even around. I lie in for a couple of moments longer before Cindy wakes up.

"Hmmm," she groans as she wakes up.

"Morning."

She rubs her eyes out with the back of her hand before lifting herself, "Hmmorning."

I shut my eyes as I feel her forcing herself out of the bed, I open one eye to see her sitting beside me with crossed legs and shut eyes. If that isn't a mood then I don't know what is. She hovers for a moment before I break the silence.

"Slept like a rock."

"Sleeping is easy," she whispers. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Better than most nights," I admit, because most nights I fall asleep for a few hours before having to push myself further.

I don't get to sleep as frequently as I want to.

"That's good."

I lift myself and start cooking up something to drink, "Something to drink?"

I glance at her to see her shaking her head. "No thanks. Just... waking up. I have to head to my pod and get dressed because I have something to do for someone with Gwen. Sorry for having to leave so early."

I shake my head before resting my back against the counter. "Not going to stop you from doing what you have to do. Besides, I am going to see if I can talk to Miguella or Miguel about a couple of things before moving on."

She pushes herself out of the bed. "Looking for something?"

I cock my head slightly. "Yeah. Kind of. A lot of questions about how things operate and the missing entries on people sharing my name and DNA."

"I hope you find what you are looking for," she says with a big yawn. She steps two steps in the direction of the door and then takes a few steps back to head towards me instead.

"Cindy?" I chuckle.

She kisses the side of my face, "Enjoy your day," she whispers to me, "We should be leaving within the next hour. Dunno how long I'll be away for."

"Give them your worst," I chuckle.

She gives me a smug smile, "Only because you asked," she heads towards the door and leaves without saying anything further.

I shake my head at myself as I take a long sip from my coffee. Maybe I am the lucky one. I take my time waking up properly before cleaning up my room. I slipped on the suit and did some diagnostic checks to make sure something didn't break while I was fixing it up.

Satisfied with it I prepare myself to leave and get my day started.

ARAC-NAE stars speaking with its deep robotic voice, "I have detected that Cindy Moon stayed longer than you specified. Is this an anticipated outcome? Or was she trespassing?"

I furrow my brow at it. "Are you nosy?"

"My parameters suggest that I offer an experience to your personal preference."

"Yes," I answer with an exhale. "Also if I have visitors would be possible to just not receive calls from others?"

"That would be ill-advised."

I wait for it to elaborate but it doesn't say anything further than that. I take a deep breath before asking, "Why?"

"If an emergency were to arise they can easily use a different method to bypass your preference which renders the option mute. But if you'd want me to do it for social calls then I can update the systems parameters for you."

"Please do."

"Noted."

How troublesome.

I leave my pod and start making my way to where the map of the station says Miguella's office. I leap towards the centre platform to walk there for a change to get to know some of the people on the way and see what is what.

Though on my way there I catch a certain Trio, two that I have met, and one that I haven't.

I'd have left them to go about their day but Gwen caught my stare and gestured for me to come talk with them. 

Might as well say my goodbyes.