011

(Obviously not as messy)

Space.

Even though we reached space travel in our world I've never thought I'd be able to witness the emptiness. But I'd be out of my league anyway, like a spider in water, or a spider stuck in another spider's webs.

One may be worse than the other.

The little 'pod' as she called it, looks cozy and I have yet to see the actual size of this space station but with the sheer size of it from the inside, it is making me believe that this could very much house every single Spider-Man and Woman in existence.

She gestures at the window. "If you don't like the scenery you can upload holograms of your own or use the ones we have in stock. ARAC_NAE has already updated everything for your personal use and won't let anyone in unless they have permission from you."

I glance at her. "Arachne?"

A robotic yet almost devilish voice speaks to me. "Greetings, (Y/N). Access to all the facilities has been granted. Approach the computer if you wish to learn more about me or the station."

I glance at her. "AI?"

"This is the station's manager. There are six others on the station, and Miguel has his own personal AI that he and Miguella share. He isn't intrusive at all."

"Miguel or the AI?"

"The AI," she turns around and heads for the door. Stopping in her tracks she looks at me over her shoulder, "I'll stop by when we have to head out, sorry that you have to start with a mission and you barely had time to settle."

"Almost like she knew that I prefer to be on my feet at all times."

I see her eyebrow raise at me, "All times."

"I mean to say that I am incredibly busy, the hero never sleeps, he does sleep but he never wakes up refreshed."

"Hm mhm.'

"I can fall asleep standing, the Spidey-sense helps with that."

She chuckles as she shakes her head at me, "Don't push yourself more than you have to, you are used to working alone and it will take a spell to get used to the teamwork."

"I caught on to it pretty quickly."

She repeats my words. "The Spidey-sense helps with that."

She leaves through the doors with a strut that I can only describe as intrusively sexy. I narrow my eyes at the empty air as I stare at where she stood, thinking about the fact that tight suits do more for us than we think.

Does it also make my ass look like that? A thought possibly leading to something that might make me self-conscious.

Unless you've let yourself go, it's hard to hide the love handles.

I set down my phone and drop onto the chair to look at the console. "ARAC-NAE," I read his name on the computer. "Is there an archive of names from different universes?"

"I could pull from the multiversal net. Some data may be incomplete."

I rub the back of my neck. "I want to search for more of me, my name."

It makes a list on some futuristic database, it loads in all the columns and rows only to show up empty. "There are no Spider-Men or Women that match your DNA signature, Name, Origins, state of being, state of the universe, birth date, or marital status."

I furrow my brow. "Wait wait wait, what is my marital status."

It props up my information. "Single."

"That's accurate," I nod to myself. "So none at all, huh?" I lean back into my seat with a sigh.

"You seem depressed at your discovery, was my assistance intrusive?"

I shut my eyes, shaking my head. "Was hoping to see something I guess. How does my DNA signature matter?"

"DNA is shared between different variations. It is similar to your counterpart with the structure being different due to the universe number. For example, Miguel's DNA has the tag 928 whereas his female counterpart has 931 counterpart. Their DNA is similar but the structure is different enough to not make them the same person."

I rub the back of my neck. "In a sense, it is still different."

"Correct, but the DNA can be used as a base to find similarities and develop contagion protocols against threats."

"If I found a female me, how would that work out?"

"It wouldn't be dangerous but socially it might have a sense of self-sexual gratification."

And the potential of just being weird altogether. Alright.

"Are there any entries of me at all?" ARAC_NAE stays quiet for a moment before he populates a list of people that share the same name as me and a lot of the same details from different Earths."

Most of them seemed to lead normal lives.

I scoot closer as he informs me. "Three instances found that may pique your interest, (Y/N). One, a Spider-man that died fighting the villains of his world."

I pull up the log. It reads:

A shame that he died the way he did, we had high hopes for his recruitment as we see a rise in more unique Spider-men. He was barely here for a few months before a deadly poison was infected by Scorpion from his own universe.

Note: We don't have to worry about his universe's villains, they died killing him.

I lower my gaze slightly, "How long ago was this?"

"91 days ago. That was when this log was created by Silk. Recruited by her three months prior."

I lift my gaze to the ceiling. I can't begin to think how messed up this is, she recruited me from another world and the bone-headed bastard probably died doing exactly what I would do in that situation.

Maybe he was happier than me, maybe he had things figured out.

Or maybe we are not alike at all.

I open the next listing only for it to show up blank. "This listing was made private by Miguel. Please enquire further with him."

I open the next one to see a female tag. There is little information, even the name is missing from the logs apart from the surname, the DNA has similarities with mine but the only text that is displayed is:

Anti-Venom.