Chapter 3: Mysterious gas station kid

If he weren't totally screwed, Connor would have found the entire situation quite amusing. How does one manage to get sent to the principal's office on the first day of the school year? Well, now he knew how; you only had to get into a fist fight in front of the entire freshman year. Oh, and in the school's parking lot, too. Well, if he thought about it, it wasn't that hard to come up with a way after all.

The only thing that could be heard inside the room was the ticking of the clock hanging on the wall, and the tapping of the secretary's nails on her desk. She watched Connor with a firm stare and a very obvious smirk painted on her lips, resting her head on her left hand. She clearly was enjoying the fact that he had somehow managed to get into trouble so quickly. Oh, the irony.

Connor sat in one of the wall benches inside the office, meant for students waiting to meet the principal. He hadn't even had time to pass through the infirmary, and neither had his... attacker, he would call him. The mysterious gas station kid also sat against the same wall as Connor, a few seats away to his left. He had his face glued to the floor and his hands on his temples. Neither of them where doing eye contact, or even dared to address each other. It was a silent war. Connor, on the other hand, was arms-crossed staring back at the secretary. He didn't think it were possible after the way she acted on that morning, but Connor despised her even more now.

-"You are really enjoying this, aren't you?"—Connor asked with daggers in his speech.

-"Oh, you have no idea."—answered the secretary, whose smirk had now mutated into a huge smile.

From inside the principal's office, two voices where heard. One was of the gym teacher that had taken Connor and that other kid there, and the second one was unknown to him. It had to be Principal Hart's, obviously, and from what Connor could barely make out, it was a very, very angry woman.

-"She's had a loooong, stressful day."—said the secretary—"I almost feel sorry for you."

Connor really hated that woman.

However, his hatred was halted by the sudden outburst that came from inside the principal's office. The unknown voice was now very loud, and very clear.

-"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONE OF THEM BEAT UP SOME KID!? I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT WAS A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO JUNIORS!"—yelled the principal vociferously.

-"Well, the kid is fine, Colleen went to check on him at the infirmary and she said there's nothing to worry about..."—replied the voice of the gym teacher.

-"NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL THIS KID'S PARENTS!?"

-"I-I-I'm sure we can explain..."

-"EXPLAIN!? EXPLAIN WHAT!? THAT SOME RANDOM SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD BEAT UP THEIR CHILD...!?"

Ok, that had managed to frighten Connor, considering he was that random seventeen year old and all. From the looks of the secretary's two raised eyebrows, she wasn't expecting this sort of reaction either.

-"Oh my God I don't have the time or the patience for this it's just the first the day for the love of—GIGIIIIIIIIII!"

The secretary raised in a quick motion at the call of her name, tip-toeing in her high heels towards the office door, entering and closing it behind her, leaving only the other two kids alone.

Talking about awkward.

Connor was dreading every second that passed, but for all he knew he was most likely going to be sent away to another foster home. That would mean he had managed to break his own record. Alexis would fret, too, and she would insist to go with him. Even more trouble he had managed to cause single-handedly. If it hadn't been for that bully, then none of this would've happened.