Chapter 16: "Don't tell"

-"Ok, ok"-said Joe, as he dried his hair off with a towel-"I'll admit it, Connor, you may have been the winner of this battle."

Connor smirked as he finished rinsing his hair in the shower water.

-"But believe me when I saw; I shall win the war!"-Joe exclaimed, looking slightly ridiculous by doing so with nothing covering his waist but a towel and second one wrapped around his head.

Caspar, Joe, Troye and Connor were currently in the bathroom, around seven pm in the night. After the water balloon 'battle' was nearly over, it had started to rain slightly. As a result, the three of them plus Troye and Lilly (they dragged her along when she was exiting her tent after taking a nap) had gotten covered in mud, so logically they needed to take a shower. Troye had been to Mr. Cole first to show him the picture of the green-chested sparrow, and apparently gotten him and Connor the extra credit he aimed for. Connor had been done rather quickly with his shower, and was now wrapping a towel around his waist so that he could change and head to the tent. Now he could truly say he was exhausted, and was sure he'd be able to sleep like a log. Joe was already showered as well, whilst Caspar talked with them from behind his shower curtain.

-"Anytime Sugg."-Connor mocked, exiting his shower and heading towards the bench with his clothes on it-"But I should warn you; I'm the undefeated snowball war champion."

-"Now that's a challenge!"-Joe said with his eyes wide open, as he put on his pants and then yelled to Caspar-"You hear that, Casp!? We're preparing for winter showdown!"

-"Count me in!"-Caspar yelled-"It sounds like fun!"

As they laughed at their silliness and Connor grinned, an extremely exhausted-looking Troye exited his shower, covered in towels as well. Connor nodded him hello, but Troye looked away for some reason, and apparently going red. He started drying off with haste, and rather isolated from the rest.

Suddenly Joe's phone vibrated, and he glanced at it with a frown. His face then turned into one of shock.

-"NO WAY!"-he screamed.

-"What is it?"-Caspar asked from inside his stall.

-"It's Oli! He's texted me this picture...!"

-"So?"-Connor asked, rather uninterested.

-"He's in a date! AND SHE'S HOT!"

Caspar exited his shower way too quickly, still dripping off water as he skipped through the white tiled floor and dragging the oversized towel down the floor.

-"Let me see that."-he called out, standing next to Joe and checking out the picture, just as mesmerized-"No way! Oli could never land someone like her!"

-"Ha! Of course not! He's no player!"-Joe said sarcastically.

Connor scoffed under his breath.

-"What is it Connor?"-Joe asked in curiosity.

-"Nothing, it's just that"-Connor said-", well, out of all you guys, Oli was the one who struck me as the player of the group."

Joe took a hand to his chest and a mocking expression of shock. Caspar laughed out loud, and then headed towards his clothes.

-"Excuse ME sir, but I have way more game than Oliver... Something-White!"

Caspar raised an eyebrow at Joe.

-"You don't know Oli's second name?"-he asked.

-"Caspar that's beside the point-! Anyway, Connor, why wouldn't you say I'm the player of the crew?"