Chapter One

I pulled up to the station and put my car in park. I took a deep breath before grabbing my bag out of the back seat. 

I get out and start to walk to the doors. I open the door with shaky hands as the warm air smacks me in the face. I breath in and out as I make my way to the desk.

"How may I help you?" A light-skinned girl with curly hair asks me.

"I'm looking for Mr.Parker." I say quietly.

"Right through there." She points to a door.

"Thank you." I smile softly and go to the door.

I take a deep breath before walking through, only to find 6 pairs of eyes on me.

"Hi, you must be Sarah." A chubby guy with a bald head and brown eyes says.

"You must be Mr. Parker." I smile, shaking his hand.

"That's me." He says and motions towards a chair. I smile at the other people around the table and take a seat.

"Okay so this is how today is going to go, we are going to ask you some questions, then you're going to show your firing skills, then hand to hand combat." He explains for what sounds like the hundredth time.

I nod.

"Okay so let's start, what's your full name?" He asks.

"Sarah Heath." I smile, starting to relax.

"Why are you here?"

"I want to help people, I want to make a difference."

"How much experience do you have?"

"Uh, not much, I haven't been in uh live action, my dad taught me everything I know." I say, getting nervous at my bad answer.

"Age?"

"20."

"Okay well that's all the questions, let's go to the range now." He says and everyone stands, including me.

I follow him to a room full of computers that shows another room.

"It's pretty simple, you've have 10 targets and 10 bullets, you're gonna get a simple pistol, and a rifle, you get 9 regular targets, then the last one is sniping. It's gonna get dark at one point so that explains the mask," A blonde-haired, blue-eyed guy says. "Don't miss."

"Copy that." I smile, taking the weapons from the guy's hands.

I go into the room and get ready for the targets. One pops up and I aim and shoot. Bullseye. 

This is what I do. I shoot another and find myself getting into my zone. My zone where my breathing slows and I find everything moving in slow motion, where I felt so concentrated.  

I take down about 4 more and everything goes black. I pull on my night vision mask and finish shooting the last 4 and then everything comes back up and there's a tiny target at the end of the hall. 

I crouch down and balance my rifle on my knee, aiming at the tiny target. I do a four count breathing exercise that my dad taught me. All I hear is my heart beating as I softly place my finger on the trigger. I take a deep breath and tug the trigger. The gun cocks back but I stop it and stand up. I look down the hall and see I hit it straight in the middle. I make myself proud. I try to hold back my victory dance as I come back into the room.

"Damn." The blue-eyed guy says. I laugh.

"Okay, so now you're going against Sam in hand to hand combat." Mr. Parker says.