Chapter 19

"Officer down we've got an officer down! Sams down!" Boss yells through the earpiece. I look at Spike with my mouth open.

"No no no." I sob, getting up, snatching Spikes keys off the counter and run out of the command truck getting into a truck and driving to the place where Sams down. I get my gun from the glove box and cock it. I put my earpiece in. I will take this bastard down. I drive up to the warehouse and see Sam in Matts arms, a gun to his head, Sam sweating, bleeding, pale, fighting hard to keep his eyes open. I walk in, my gun in hand and walk straight through Team One and aim my gun at him.

"Sarah you're in the line of fire." Ed says in my ear.

I ignore them, keeping my gun aimed at his head, tears going down my face.

"Do you think this is a game Matt?" I say through gritted teeth. "You think you could just kill everyone I love for what?"

"To get you." He smirks.

I open my arms, looking around. "I'm right here."

He turns his gun from Sam to me, I turn mine on him. I step closer and closer as each word escapes. "Do it."

I let my arms fall to my side. "Do you really think you can win Matt?" My voice is sympathetic and tired. "Do you?"

His hands are steady and his smile is real. "7 guns are on you, you're holding a teammate of ours, do you really think you can win?"

I aim my gun back at him the anger back and boiling. "Our relationship was fine, it was amazing." I walk forward, hitting the muzzle of my gun on his vest each time a word can out, stepping over Sam, pushing him further into the warehouse.

"You just kept your female partner from me, then you lie to me, you always had something better with her, something stronger, then you shattered this relationship, the 'your future is bigger and you're in mine but I'm not yours' bullshit, then you come to my apartment and slap me around a little, I put you in jail, I ruined your job, I ruined your reputation, I ruined you." I growl into his face. "I promised myself before I came here that you wouldn't walk out of here alive."

"Shoot me." He says and throws his gun on the ground. "Be charged with wrongful death and lose your precious job at SRU, I'll ruin your life."

I put both hands on my gun, ready to fire when Ed's voice stops me. "Sarah don't. You know what this can do."

I grit my teeth and put my finger on the trigger, so close. "Sarah please don't." Sams voice is pleading and weak.

"But of all people, why'd you do it to Sam?" I say, my gun at my sides again. "He's going to be off the job for months because of you, you'll be in jail." I raise my weapon again.

Matt start crying. I have no idea why, but he does. "Everyone's always left me. You. You were the only one that stayed."

I feel someone behind me but I ignore it and keep aiming at him as the tears stream down my face. "Don't." Ed says and put his hand over the gun taking it. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in and turn around and run over to Sam.

"Hey." I smile as he lays on a gurney.

"So hypothetically you ever think of a honeymoon?" I ask as he smiles.

"Hypothetically Yes." He smiles tiredly.

"Please don't tell me daiquiris on the beach." I scoff.

"Hiking trails, no remote, no outhouses." He smirks.

"Nice, I like it." I laugh.

"Oh you mean with you." He smiles as they load him into the ambulance. I smile as they drive away from the scene. I try to walk but my feet are killing me. I look down and see cuts and bruises all on the bottom and tops of my feet. I try to walk again but fail and start to fall but Spike catches me.