Chapter Six

I woke up the next morning in Sam's bed, undressed and too happy. I turn over only to find Sam gone. I frown slightly and get up, wrapping the sheet around me. I hear the shower running and almost cry in happiness. I thought he left. I thought he left me. 

I go to my bedroom and get dressed. I put on a pair of jeans shorts and a t-shirt, I put on my Vans and put my hair in a messy bun. I yawn and go downstairs and start to make breakfast. I'm in the middle of making some eggs when I feel someone's arms wrap around my waist and someones chin on my shoulder. I smile and turn around.

"Hi." I smile, putting both of my hands on the sides of his face.

"I thought you ran away for a second." He smiles at me.

"I thought you ran away." I laugh.

"Oh well, that's kinda weird." I smile as he leans in and presses his lips to mine. I smile and kiss back. He pulls away before anything gets too heated. He pecks my lips before I finish making breakfast and put it on our plates and start to eat.

"We need to talk about this." I say.

"We have an important job all day but what we do on our free time, that's ours. But we can't let the team know." He says.

"If they find out?" I ask curiously.

"Boss gets in serious trouble and we get separated." He says.

"We both have worked too damn hard for that." I say.

"I mean, do we want to do that?" I ask."This?"

"I mean, of course, I love being around you, and you're awesome." He turns a bright red.

"Awe Sammy!" I fake a squeal and sit in his lap.

He smiles and we I quickly give his a kiss.

"I have to make this clear though." I say. "If they make us choose-"

"Choose the job, same thing here." He smiles.

Everything just got a little easier. I go in and forgot about my car.

I grab my stuff and go to leave out of his house. I put my hand on his chest to keep him inside. I look around outside, making sure there's no one there, considering that this is his house he steps in front of me.

"All clear." I smile, following behind him.

"Not that I don't appreciate a little excitement, but come on, I think we're safe." He chuckles.

"You mind if I don't gamble my career of what you think?" I ask as he tosses me the keys, locking the door. "Huh?"

"Unless one of my neighbors a work for the SRU it's not much of a gamble, now HQ that's a different story, I trust you have an entry plan." He said, jokingly.

"Affirmative, you're gonna drop me off a few blocks from HQ, park your car at HQ, enter through the front, I'm gonna wait a few minutes and enter through the rear." I say, getting into his car.

"I was kidding." He says, turning the engine over.

"Yeah, I'm not." I smile and peck his lips.

I get into the station and start my workouts.

We have to be as unnoticeable as usual, I mean me and Sam, we're together. We can't make simple mistake on the job, we can't talk to each other on the mics unless it's work related. We can't hang around each other all the time on the job like before, we have to make sure we are careful. We have to use the "Priority of Life" I care about Sam, I care about what happens to him, but I can't let that get in our way of this job. I love this job.