Chapter 17

Sam and I have been together for 4 months, secretly of course. We're so careful. Some nights I stay with him, some nights he stays with me. I got up early and rolled over, hitting Sam.

"Ow why do you do that every morning." He groans and wraps his arms around me.

"Stop whining." I laugh and cuddle into his neck. I hear a knock on the door.

"Whose house are we in again?" He asks.

"Mine. I think." I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. Sam leans over and kisses my cheek. I get up and go out to the living room, opening the door.

"Hey sweetie." My mom says.

"Uh hey." I say quietly and open the door wider for her to come in. She comes in and sits on the couch. I go into the kitchen and make some coffee, handing her a cup and one for me and one for Sam.

"There's only two of us." He says slowly, motioning towards the third cup.

"Yeah I know." I smile slightly before going into my room and handing him and cup of coffee.

"Who was at the door?" He asks.

"My mom, you can come out if you want." I say. He kisses me quickly before drinking a sip of the coffee.

"I'll be out in a minute." He says, setting the cup on the bedside table.

I go back out and sit down on the couch beside her.

"So.." I trail off.

She hands me an envelope and I open it, seeing a wedding invitation in it. I put it back in the envelope and sit there awkwardly.

I feel someone sit behind me as my mom stares at him.

"Mom, this is Sam." I say, sitting back so she can see him.

"Sam, this is my mom,Sydney." I smile to Sam.

"Are you two dating?" She asks.

"Yes." I smile.

"Well, maybe sometime before the wedding we can all get together and have dinner." She says, getting up.

"That'd be okay." I smile. We share an awkward hug before she leaves. As soon as the door closes Sam picks me up over his shoulder and walks into the kitchen.

"We have an hour until we have to leave, what do you want for breakfast?" He asks.

"I would like to be put on the floor for breakfast." I laugh.

"I'll pass." He says, and I can hear the smirk in his voice. He gets a box of cereal off the top of fridge and pouring them into the bowl. He sets me down on the counter and we eat the bowl of cereal and then go get dressed. We fight over the bathroom before we leave, I take my car and he takes his. We get there and we work out for an hour and a half before we're called to the briefing room. I change into my uniform and sit down in my seat.

"We're actually patrolling today." Boss says. "Same as before. Leah and Jules take east, Sam and Sarah take west and south, Ed and Spike take north."

"What about you?" Spike asks.

"I have something to take care off." He says and we all gear up and leave.

"Ed." I pull him to the side. "What was that about?"

"His uh, his son doesn't want to see him." Ed says.

"He has a son?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah, Dean." Ed says and walks off.

I change into my gear and get into the truck with Sam. We all joke around in our earpieces while driving around, looking for anyone who needs help. We were driving down a neighborhood when a small kid runs across the street. Sam slams on brakes and puts his arm across my chest to keep me from going forward.