Chapter Eight

I bought the apartment downtown and I'm going to start moving in today. Sam is avoiding me. I understand completely. The only time I told him I loved him was when I was breaking up with him. I don't blame him, I hate myself too. I walked down the hall alone today. 

I walked out those doors and got a taxi alone. I got my car and went to Sams I got my things back into the bag and the boxes and I left, as he sat in his bedroom just listening. I broke him. I broke Sam Braddock. I broke the guy who spent everyday shooting bad guys and saw his friends die. I packed everything into my car and I left.

I pulled up to the apartment complex and started taking my things up the stairs. I get to my apartment and close the door, stacking the boxes up. I lay down on the floor and take a deep breath. I don't have any furniture. I don't have any plates. I'm literally start from scratch here. I lay some of my blankets out and set them on the floor with a pillow. It's not too late but I'm exhausted. My side hurts and I lay down and close my eyes. Falling asleep quickly.

I wake up the next morning at my phone alarm going off. I sit up and turn it off. I have a major back pain from the floor. I need to get back into shape but I need to get this apartment ready. I get dressed in a pair of shorts and a bra-shirt and my tennis shoes. I put my hair in a ponytail and grab my phone and headphones. 

I turn on some music and put it on my arm and go down the stairs and start the running process. I start off really slow as I run down the sidewalk and soon get really tired and turn around. I jog back to the apartment and take a quick shower. I get dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt and some socks. I put my hair up into a messy bun and start unpacking everything. I start with the towels I have as of now.  I lock the door and get my wallet. I put my phone in my pocket and grab my leather jacket. I get in my car and drive to the next town over. I find a "decorative store" downtown there and park outside. I go inside and start to look around.

All together, as of today, I spent four thousand dollars. I bought a lot of things too, I bought a sofa, a recliner, some chairs, a table, some plates and bowls, things like that, I got a bed and headboard, some sheets and comforters and blankets, rugs, shower curtain, things like that. I get a bunch of lights and pictures to decorate the place, I bought a key holder, then last I hit the grocery store, also grabbing a pizza on the way home. I take the stuff upstairs, making about 4 trips, someone is delivering the furniture later. I'm not going to be able to bring that stuff up here all by myself. I don't want to call Sam, so I call Spike.

"Hey Scarletti." I say as he picks up the phone.

"Wassup Sarah?" He asks.

"Can you come by and help me get some furniture up to my apartment, Sam is kind of avoiding me." I explain.

"Yeah of course, just text me the address." He says and I hang up.

I text him the address and move the boxes to the side. I hear a knock on the door and open it to reveal Spike.

"Hey, you look good." He smiles, hugging me.

"Right back at you." I smile, coming out of the apartment.

"How you doing?" He asks.

"Emotionally no, physically no, other than that I'm great." I smile slightly, following him down the stairs.

We get all the furniture up to my apartment within an hour, I decide to keep him over and have a pizza. We sit down on the couch and talk while eating a pepperoni pizza. I hear a knock on my door and go answer it.

"Sam? What are you doing here?" I ask, closing the door more slightly.

"Can we talk?" He asks.