Chapter 11

I groan and get out of my bed, going to my door. I open the door, honestly expecting to see Sam, but instead coming face to face with the a literal nightmare. My mother.

"Mom." I breathe.

"Honey, you look great, wow, can I come in?" She asks.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I say, closing the door slightly.

"Honey, please." She mutters.

"Mom, I have to get up early tomorrow morning. I really don't have time for this." I say.

"To go to that ridiculous job?" She asks.

"Everytime we talk we argue, go home and let me sleep." I say through my gritted teeth before closing the door and locking it.

I get back into bed and after a couple of hours, I fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up at the sound of someone in my house. I grab my gun out of my side drawer before going outside my bedroom. I go around a corner and aim my gun at the person. I stop short when my eyes land on his blonde hair.

"Goddammit Sam you really have to stop sneaking up on people." I yell, putting the safety on my gun.

"You scared me." He chuckles.

"I scared you?" I say sarcastically.

"Why are you here and how did you get in my house?" I ask, putting the gun on the counter.

"I wanted to talk to you and I'm in SRU I know how to pick a lock." He laughs.

"About what?" I ask.

"My dad offered me a job overseas.." He trails off as my heart drops.

"And you're taking it?" I ask.

"Do you think I should?" He asks.

"Do you want to be on the Team anymore?" I ask.

"Do you want to be around me anymore?" He asks.

"Yes." I blurt. He locks eyes with me and I soon find myself in his arms. He wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me tightly.

Someone knocks on my door, making us part. I open it to reveal my mother.

"Mom seriously?" I groan. She pushes past me and comes inside, her eyes automatically land on Sam.

"Well who's this handsome fellow?" She smirks.

"Too young for you." I say, standing in front of her.

"I think we should talk." She says.

"There is nothing to talk about." I say and push her outside.

"I'm getting married and I would love for you to be there." She says.

"I'll think about it." I say, choking back tears and slamming the door.

I never really thought of my mom with anyone else but my dad, you know? It's always been us two and before that it was us three, she wanted me in her life so bad but doesn't even let me have the chance to meet this guy who's replacing dad? It all just doesn't seem right. It's doesn't feel normal.

"Sarah!" Sam yells, breaking my thoughts.

"What?" I ask, sitting down on the end of the couch.

"You tuned out for a second there." He laughs, sitting beside me.

"Do you wanna grab a drink tonight?" He asks.