Chapter 15

*1 week later*

They gave me a week off of work. We got a psych eval this week so I'm coming back in. I got up early and went into work. I worked out the entire time, I messed around with the guys like usual. This guy came in and was watching us, then went in the back room with Greg.

"We've got the psych eval earlier and a new instructor, Dr.Toth." Boss says.

Everyone starts protesting, obviously pissed.

"Who's Dr. Toth?" I ask.

"He breaks up Teams." Sam say.

Way to make me nervous.

We do our physical training, which I ace right away before they call us back into the room. Jules goes first as my physical training starts. I run over obstacles and run hard, finishing quickly. Everyone else does as I watch, they call me inside, after Jules.

"Hey Jules,how'd it go?" I ask, she ignores me looking down.

"Jules." I say.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"How'd it go?" I ask.

"Good." She says.

Uh-oh I say to myself as I sit down in the chair. This guy has all these machines, and small wires and stuff. I sit down and he attaches them to me. He wraps stuff around my arm and my fingers, I try to stay calm.

I do sniper breathing, calming my breath, trying to keep my heart beat slow so he doesn't notices.

"Okay, we're just going to do some word association." He says.

I nod waiting.

"Gun." He starts.

"Bang." I smile.

"Bomb."

I flashback quickly to Lew before replying. "Lost."

"Window."

"Exit."

"Horizon."

"Sunset."

"Matt Jackson."

"Asshole."

"Allen Heath."

I freeze. I look at Boss who's looking at me to answer. "Sunshine."

My voice starts getting shaky but I hold it together. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Elliot Heath."

I flashback to that day that my brother was shot in front of me. He marks something on the paper and looks at me.

"Baby brother."

"Your brother is shot right in front of you, what do you do with the rest of the day?" He asks.

"I took a shower and I cleaned out my locker." I say.

"And they put everything back in it right?" He asks.

"Correct." I say.

"They didn't let you leave?" He asks.

"We all have those days, this job is hard." I say.

"Too hard?"

"I didn't say that."

"Undercover."

"Annoying."

"You get annoyed a lot?"