1. Ugh. Monday. Again.

Okay! First things first - where are you right now!?

Welcome to my new book, Bulletproof my heart - A Bodyguard Romance!

Who's ready to smile, laugh, cry and fall in love with fictional characters that will scar you for any future real relationships? Me!!

You can stalk me on Instagram - @womanonrampage and @poojaamritkar . Drop a message or a comment #WattpadFam so I know it's you! Would love to connect with my gorgeous readers over social media too!

©฿©

The following story is due to my imaginative mind. Any reference to anything hurtful is a pure coincidence and certainly not intended. Every word hereafter is under the protection of every continent, country, state, city's copyright laws. I take lots of efforts in thinking, editing and actually typing down my thoughts until my fingers hurt, so please don't copy anything. If you do, well, I can be a very very mean woman - you have been warned!

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT 2023 BY ME. ©

There will be a few mistakes, you are warned. So correcting them is fine but flat out insulting isn't. This is a community of readers, please be respectful to each other.

A few kisses and cuss words here and there and everywhere. You are warned. Proceed accordingly.

I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I loved writing it. 

I would love to know what you think of the story and these characters, so please vote and comment? Pretty please? I am always grateful for your sincere thoughts. They make me feel amazing and it boosts my confidence. So thank you!

*Drum roll please*

~~~

Chapter 1: Ugh. Monday. Again.

There are some stories that are best kept unwritten. There are some secrets best kept hidden.

This is neither of them.

There it is, the deafening sound of gunshots echoing through the once peaceful living room. The smell of gunpowder hangs heavy in the air, mingling with my fear. I am terrified and I am not ashamed to say that I am very close to just peeing in my pants! My heart is pounding against my chest like a caged bird, desperate to escape this horrifying situation.

The living room is completely transformed into a battleground, with overturned furniture and shattered glass scattered across the marble floor. Dim light filters through the bullet-riddled curtains and the more I look at it, the more I want close my eyes and hope that this is all a dream.

I am crouched low behind an expensive couch, the cushions barely a managing to act like a shield for the chaos happening around me. I put my trembling hands to my mouth, attempting to stifle my ragged breaths and unsteady gasps. I peek cautiously over the backrest, gasping when a bullet whizzes past me, splintering the wooden frame of the door behind me.

"Get the fuck down!"

I quickly duck down, my dark black hair cascading around my face like an armour. My pulse is racing a million times faster than normal, pounding in my ears like a war drum. How did my life take such a terrorizing turn? One minute I am sipping wine with my crush and the next I am behind a couch, praying that I get to see another day.

One week before...

I stretch my hands above my head, blinking several times to adjust my eyes to the light sunlight seeping through the open window. My feet twist under the blanket and I heave out a breath of frustration. "Ugh. Monday. Again."