18. So, he's a walking talking red flag?

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FAVORITES! LET 2024 BE THE YEAR YOU HAVE HAPPY MEMORIES, LOVELY SURPRISES AND LOTS OF LOVE & JOY!

Thank you for supporting me. You have NO idea how much it means to me! (Seriously, your lovely comments are therapeutic!)

What's your resolution for this year? Mine - publish a book, get 3 writing contracts, travel to at least 3 new countries, do yoga frequently (not daily cos I know that won't happen), watch more sunsets and feel good about myself! 

Have a little faith, you got this babe!

Love you!!

~~~

Chapter 18. So, he's a walking talking red flag?

"So? How was it? Is he big? I bet he's huge! How many times did you guys do it? Did you enjoy it?" Sania's excited voice gushes through my small Nokia phone that I cradle between my ear and shoulder while I fold my clothes, letting her vent out.

"Are you quite done now?" I mutter in light annoyance.

Sania sighs heavily and I can see her frown on the other side. "Yeah, I am done. You go now."

"Are you dating someone?"

There's a brief pause and her anxious tone floats through the phone. "Um, Aisha. I love you and of course, Nimit is fucking hot but I am not the threesome kind of girl. That would be too weird between us. How can I face you after that?"

My jaw drops and the phone slips from my shoulder, I quickly catch it and glare at the device, hoping it will deliver the glare to Sania. "What the hell? That's not what I meant! You are such a perv, jeez! Get your disgusting mind out of the gutter."

"Oh, Thank Loki!" Sania rushes out, relief thick in her voice. "I was so scared you'd get offended. I mean, if you weren't my best friend then maybe I would've thought about it but -"

"There's no need to think about it!" I whisper-yell, still baffled as to how she could even presume that.

Sania chuckles lightly. "Okay, if you say so. No threesomes."

I shake my head and look at the ceiling wondering why I have such crazy friends. "I was asking because there's a guy I know who is interested in you. And no, it's not Nimit."

"Oh." Sania hums in thought before replying. "I am not exactly single single but I kind of am."

That is an expected answer from her. "It's a fling?"

"Well, it's more of a situationship." Sania clarifies. "He's a fun guy but we haven't labelled it." 

I press my lips together, knowing her idea of fun. "So, he's a walking talking red flag?"

"But really good in bed." She argues back like that justifies her toxic choice.

My shoulders slump and I sit on the bed, holding my phone closer to my ear. "Sania, you can't keep doing this. You know you'll be the one getting hurt at the end." I should've known she'd be in a situationship, that's what she does to save herself from heartbreak but she doesn't realise that in the act of protecting her heart, she loses a part of her spirit and her self-respect. "Can you not find a good guy? There are many out there."