8. I was so fucking scared.

Dedicated to @miss_nobody_24 for being her encouraging words and hilariously relatable comments!

~~~

Chapter 8: I was so fucking scared.

"Lie down and close your eyes. Don't move!" Nimit shouts as someone breaks through the door.

I let out a petrified shriek and turn to face the door. Luckily, I see familiar faces. It's my father's security. I go lower on the floor and close my eyes, letting them handle it. My hands press over my ears and I have to keep reminding myself to breathe.

Breathe. Breathe. Inhale and exhale. It's going to be fine. Nimit is here. He'll take care of you.

It's his bloody job!

I force myself to think of other things and they mainly focus on my sexy bodyguard. The way he smells, the way he talks, the way he eats, the way he dances, the way he fights. My breathing evens out and I feel a little better. But then I think of the conversation we had just before this bloody interruption and my blood boils again. One night? How dare he!

I move my eyes to Nimit but his presence only makes my heart race again – this time for a different reason. He looks so hot! There's an aura of calm and control around him. And his well-built frame is taut, every muscle strained, ready to strike. The glint of the gun in his hand is both reassuring and arousing.

Maybe it is the way the flickering lights cast shadows across his sharp jawline, or maybe it is the wild intensity in his eyes but it makes my heart pound crazily against my ribcage. It's safe to say, I have never seen anything sexier.

I wish I could take a photo of him.

And what makes it better, is the unwavering belief that he is prepared to do whatever it takes to keep me safe. I can't help but be grateful to him.

Suddenly there's deafening silence and it takes my ears a few seconds to get accustomed to it. It feels like I have gone deaf and I have to rub my ears to make sure that the calm over the chaos isn't just for a minute.

"Aisha? Ms. Mehta?" I see Nimit on one knee, looking at me with concern in his eyes. "Are you okay? Can you see me? Hear me?"

I can only manage a shaky nod, unable to find my voice. The adrenaline that was running in my veins has started to ebb away, leaving me feeling drained and vulnerable. My back gives out and I fall face first into the ground.

"Shit! Collins, handle it from here." Nimit yells at someone. "I want a full detailed report. Get the shell casings. I need to find out who the fuck did this! Don't miss a thing."

"Yes, Boss." Comes a gruff reply.

"I'll make sure Ms. Mehta is doing fine." Nimit says back and then his warm hands press lightly on my shoulders. His voice turns into a whisper. "Can you walk?"

I want to push his hands away, show that I am still angry at him but I like the comfort it is giving me so I let them stay there. "I can." I insist. But the second I am on my legs, my knees give in, still trembling from the panic and I fall into a heap on the floor.

Nimit is quick to wrap his arms around me, pulling me into an embrace. I tumble into it, grateful for the support. "I can walk." I still insist meekly.

Nimit snorts as he picks me bridal style and my hands wrap around his neck, my face burning pink as I hide it in his neck. "You can barely stand, let alone walk."

I glance around the room and gasp at the disaster it is. It feels like there was a tornado in the room, wrecking everything in its wake. Everything is shattered and broken. I press my lips to stop myself from bursting into tears. "Sania is going to kill me."