19. That's what you want to do, steal?

So, I just noticed that there is something wrong with Word or Wattpad or both. When I copy paste the full chapter from Word to Wattpad, a few lines randomly go missing. And it's hard to track that. I have updated the last 4-5 chaps, some with really important lines, but tough to cross examine every single line. Hopefully this doesn't keep happening.

Be kind, it's free!

Chapter 19. That's what you want to do, steal?

It's been a rough week, right from witnessing Nimit's nightmare, to reading the awful letters, to looking over my shoulder every minute and arguing with my father, the whole thing has taken a toll on my mental health. The only safety net I have had is Nimit's presence around me. Unknowingly, he has been my anchor, saving me from sinking into the depths of fear and anger.

I hate how comfortable I am around him and how dependent I have become on him. I need him just as much as I need my next breath and that is scary, scarier than a stalker talking about the colour of my underwear.

I unpack my bag with a scowl, pulling out my clothes and stuffing them into my closet. I am back in my house, my father is away on a trip, thankfully. But after staying at Nimit's home, this huge house feels suffocating. I look around my familiar room, my stuff lying untouched, my big closet and enormous bathtub calling out to me, but that sense of belonging is gone. I miss his guest bedroom, even though it wasn't mine, it felt like mine.

And more importantly, I liked that it was just the two of us there. It was our place, we could talk, laugh... kiss. Here, all of that is gone.

And I didn't even get my one night! Just my luck!

Nimit's team confirmed that the intended target of the attack wasn't me, thus, giving me back my freedom but truthfully, I felt freer at his place. I glance at my door, he's taken his stance there – outside, standing like a bodyguard.

Has he forgotten how greedily he kissed me just days back? Does he not remember stripping off my clothes and biting my neck like a bloodthirsty vampire? How can he pretend like none of that happened?

As if sensing my thoughts, Nimit turns and catches my gaze. I glare at him and Nimit shrugs sheepishly. Rolling my eyes, I walk towards him, pretending to have a conversation. His eyes light up and just as he leans towards me, I slam the door shut in his face.

"Stupid men!" I hiss loudly so he can hear me. "God forgot to give them brains! How can they be so dumb?"

The door swings open and my lips part, ready to yell and vent out my exasperation. But they press shut at the uninvited group of people pouring into my room. Ryan lets out a strangled squeal and runs towards me, pulling me into a tight hug. My arms are pressed to the side and my chest tightens. "Can't breathe," I grunt out in a hoarse tone.

But he doesn't care, he continues to hug me like he's getting paid billions for it. From my peripheral vision, I see Nimit's face void of any expressions and he clenches his hands into fists, his eyes narrowing at the lengthy hug. I catch his gaze and he glares at me. I smirk back.

"Are you okay?" Ryan mutters, still hugging me but now his embrace isn't as tight and smothering. "I was so fucking worried. You just went off the grid. No one would tell me anything. Even Sania couldn't contact you but she assured me that you were okay. Why didn't you call me? I would've come. I could've helped." 

His hand roams over my face, looking for any injury and I tense at the tender touch. "I am fine, Ryan. It was a misunderstanding."

"Like hell it was!" Ryan spats. "You were attacked, shot at! And then you just vanished into thin air. Do you know how scared I was? I could barely sleep. I kept looking at my phone for any message or call but nothing. Where on God's green Earth were you?"