The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 3 (Picture of Aimee)

Aimee

"So are you going to, you know, get big?" My best friend, Peyton, his staring at me over her Dior sunglasses. We were both lounging by my pool, sipping the tall glasses of iced tea that my housekeeper Anita had brought for us. (Whenever she's around she won't let me and Peyton sneak some booze.) I was clutching the stomach that was about to start making room for another person inside of me, looking like a million bucks but feeling like a nickle.

"Of course I am. And it's horrible." I pouted. I had invited Peyton over so I could tell her about what's happening to my body, and so far she was being less than supportive.

"What's everyone at school going to say?" Peyton's voice wavered, as if the thought of being friends with somone now less than alpha was making her sick.

"How am I supposed to know?" I snapped.

"Have you told Josh?" Peyton was referring to my boyfriend of eight months, Joshua Fitzpatrick. Hottest and most popular guy in school, he was the only fitting boyfriend for a girl like me. We were going to to go for Homecoming king and queen, but now I don't even know if the sash will fit.

"No." I moaned. In a hangover, I had forgotten to take my pill one morning. I got pregnant after the fifth time we did it. My mom and dad don't know yet either, but they probably wouldn't even care anyway as long as it didn't ruin the reputation of their buisness.

"Oh my gawd. What are you going to do?" Peyton eyebrows shoot up her face. I wouldn't have told Peyton, but she was the only one I could trust nowadays. Ever since "The Melanie Inccident" I felt as if everyone was about to jump on me and accuse me of everything.

"I don't know." I groan, leaning back on by lounge chair. I look down at my perfectly flat stomach. Guess that's going to change too. I thought. I've watched teen pregnancy shows before, I always found it amusing to watch the stupid, naive girls struggle by themselves to raise a baby that nobody even wanted. It isn't so funny when you were the one behind the camera. I realized. Having this baby was going to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me, worse than when my stylist dyed my hair an ugly, mousy brown instead of the deep brunette colour I wanted. (That was fixed soon enough, however). Worse than "The Melanie Inccident", and that's saying something. Suddenly, a small, quavering thought popped into my head.

"Hey Peyton, what do you think the baby will look like?' I ask, rubbing my stomach.

"Obviously gorgeous, of course." Said Peyton. "It'll be a mixture of you and Josh. It will probably have your hair, Josh's eyes, Josh'd cupid's bow lips and your perfect ski-slope nose. Oh, and if it's a boy, Josh's smokin' body, and if it's a girl, your smokin' body." Peyton winked at me, and I smiled back at her. Good old Peyton, she always knew just the right thing to say.

"And, if I did keep it, could I buy it all those ah-dorable outfits from the new Armani Junior collections, or maybe Baby Burberry" I pressed.

"Nothing else would suit your amazing kid." Peyton smiles.Suddenly my iPhone buzzed beside me, signaling I had gotten a text. It was from Josh.

"Hey Ame, what r u doing 2nite?" I smiled. Texts from Josh always made my heart flutter. Then, remembering the baby thing, my heart dropped all over again, just like it had in my bathroom when I  first found out. Little pink plus signs buzzed around my head, tormenting me. Still, I mustled up my courage and texted him back:

"Nothing. U?" I sent.

"I was thinking dinner. Sammi's?" Josh texted, referring to Sammi's Bar and Grill. I swallowed. I would probably end up telling him tonight.

"Sure. Pick me up at 7." Then I turned off my phone and layed back.

"Who was that?" Asked Peyton.

"Josh." I said nervously, playing with my signature charm bracelet.

"Oh my gawd, are you going to tell him?" Peyton asked, leaning forward.

"I don't really have a choice." I whispered. I felt so infected, like I had a dissability. Except the problem wasn't with me, it was whatever was inside of me. I would have to get rid of the baby, what would people think if I didn't? And if I did keep it, it's not like my parents would help at all.

Suddenly, I saw an image of a baby, no, more like a toddler. Her hair was perfect, wavy tendrils falling down her back. I had never seen a toddler's hair that long. Peyton had been right, the baby had Josh's lips and my perfect nose. Her eyes were a deep brown, so deep and dark that I wondered if there was any white at all. She sat in a bed of grass, and I spotted the Armani logo on her cardigan.

"Um, hello? Earth to Aimee?" Peyton said, waving a hand in front of my face. I blinked back to reality and flashed Peyton my best smirk.

I was going to do this pregnancy. And I was going to rock it.