The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 41

June

Chastity

"Oh, my girls, look how far we've come." Jen cooed as she looked around the room of mothers. The mothers, who, had gone through so much, breakups, scandals, new loves deaths and labour pains. But not alone. Together, coming together to become one strong force, each with their own being growing inside them. Whether it was planned or unplanned, it had finally happened to all of us, and now there were no regrets. I suppose, when you're in, you're in it. No backing out. 

I was in it.

With Mira cuddled on my lap, I felt amazing, like no one could hurt us. My heart had never felt so full, from the people here with me now, to Mira, to Erik, to Becky . . . and my parents.

Yesterday, my parents rang on the doorbell of Erik's house. Not to drop off the last few items, but to apologize. Heads hung low, hands clasped together, my mother had tearfully explained that she still loved me no matter what, and she should have spoken up earlier.

Then came my father, more reluctant, but there all the same apologized for not realizing that what was happening was not a sin.

"How many times did you have to read the bible to figure that out?" I wanted to say spitefully, but I held my tongue, happy that, in the end, they were here. Accepting.

However, I still explained them that I couldn't go back now, I was strapped in with Erik and Mira, and I was staying. They didn't seem to mind that much. They were excited to meet Mira though, tearing up as they held her. My father had even murmured that she has my eyes.

Sometimes, things work out. It might take some time, eleven months to be exact, but things work out. 

Sadie had gotten over the fact that her mother had adopted her son. She still refused to believe that technically this meant that he was her . . . brother. Sadie now had hopes for the future, hoping to become an adolescent physcologist, so she could help teens with all their own problems. Which, I thought, was amazing. I had always thought that Sadie was smart. After she gets her dream job, she doesn't have any plans. Sadie says, that what's she's learned from all this, is that there's no point worrying about the future until it comes. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride until you get to your destination. She sat beside me, holding an ever-growing eight month old Kyle, while Tanya looked on lovingly. 

Aimee, who still became tearful at times, was attempting to be more cheerful. She still had an empty, gaping hole in her heart where Ethan used to be, but she was enjoying every minute she had with Aila, and hoped that in some ways, Aila might remember her brother, how they both looked at each other at the exact same time, and managed to hook arms when lying down beside each other. Aimee was managing to stay in school for senior year with the help from her parents, who were now much more involved with her life, and would take care of Aila during the day. Aila sat on her lap now, intently sucking on a pacifier, her wide eyes staring around the room.

Flame was joyous upon my return to the Lionel household, mostly because she found it awkward being there without me, even though Becky was constantly insisting that her home was welcome to everyone. Kat was growing fast at almost five months. Now she slept effortlessly in a baby carrier at Flame's feet. Er, Faith. After spending so long going by the name Flame, Faith had decided to drop the menacing friends and hangout with me again, using her old, comforting name.

Things were perfect for her. Kyle was healthy and happy, and her and her boyfriend were still going strong. Tanya had dropped out of high school to be around Kyle more, but she was still hoping on finsishing high school, possibly by doing an online course.