The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 31

Sadie

The day after Valentine's Day I sat on a bench outside at the end of the day, watching the hoards of students walking by but searching only for one. Who, unfortunatley, was late leaving. He had better hurry up soon too, because I was starting to loose my nerve. After I had left Aimee and Chastity last night I weighed the options of telling him.

Reasons it would work out: It would probably result in overjoyed and exaggerated happiness, which would last for as long as we continued to love each other. Me and Ben would be able to spend time together however much we wanted, and nothing would be awkward because feelings are mutual. I could kiss, hug and do whatever else I wanted without questioning our friendship. The Pregnancy Club girls would be proud of me, praising my ability to express my feelings, finally.

Reasons it wouldn't: Even if me and Ben got together, we would probably break up just like every other teenage couple on the face of the Earth. Dating would not result in marriage, dating would only end in pain and heartbreak. Things would never be the same between me and him, there will always be an awkward tension if we continue to hang out, which, if we were to break up, would probably not happen.

It was a hard descision.

I scanned the crowd again. There were many boys, but not the one I was looking for. If I saw a hint of reddish-brown hair I would jump up, only to be dissapointed that it was someone else. And jumping up is kind of hard when you're seven months pregnant.

I couldn't do my homework in fear of missing him, there was still a lot of students crowding around outside. Don't any of you want to go home? I wondered to myself.

Suddenly, the doors opened again, and Ben stepped out, Jolly Ranchers in hand, is tall, lanky body dodging other students.

I stood up, looked at my target. I started running, well, running as fast as a pregnant girl could. It was more like a jog. Nope, now it's speed walking. "Ben!" I cried as I threw my arms around him holding him tight. Ben, who seemed surprised, slowly put his arms around me too. "Look, Ben, I know I've probably been the crappiest friend lately, but I want to change that. Number one, I want you to be a part of this," I gestured to my stomach, which was causing quite the awkward gap. "Number two, I want to hang out again, just like we used to. And number three," I looked into his eyes, green and wide. "I want to be so much more than friends. I love you, Ben." I grabbed his face and pulled it towards me, and did something that I had been denying myself I wanted to do.

I kissed the love of my life, Ben Samuels.

Ben broke the kiss off after I few seconds, and glanced around at everyone who was staring at us. I was worried that he would reject me, that he would say he didn't want to go out anymore.

"You know, this would have been much more romantic on Valentine's Day." Ben smiled.

"Oh shut up." I laughed as I pulled him to me again, enjoying every second of what I had waited so long to do.

                                                 *                                *                                  *

"So, any luck with the adoption?" Ben asked, and I groaned. Ben had come to my house for the first time in months, so we could chill on the couch and watch Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel, which we had always loved.

"No, it seems like nobody wants a kid right now. Is that not selfish?" Ben laughed.

"Why do you think you have to give it up before you, you know, have the baby."

"Because if I end up taking care of it, I'm going to end up being too attatched to it. And you know what happens when I get attached to things."

Ben chuckled. "Yes, I know. Gulliver, the fish you had in grade four. You had it for two weeks, and then it died. I had never seen you cry so much before."

"Ha! I remember Gully." I thought about my little goldfish, who I had had to flush down the toilet before I was able to teach it tricks. "But you know, being with you, and not feeling worried about it, takes this whole weight of my shoulders." I cuddled closer to him as Jamie Hyneman caused something to blow up.

Ben tentativeley put a hand on my stomach and I winced.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked, genuinelly worried.

"No, it's just the thing as been kicking nonstop nowadays." I grunt and shift my postition so that I'm cross-legged on the couch.

"I can feel it." Ben said as he put another hand on my stomach.

"No kidding? That's insanely weird." I said sarcastically. Ben punched my shoulder and I punched his back.

"It feels good to know that you love me." Ben said as he leaned back, a smirk on his face.

"Hey don't get all smirky on me, we're still "Ben and Sadie", but we've upgraded to "Ben and Sadie Who Occasionally Kiss and Stuff"." I make quotation marks with my fingers.

"I can live with that." Ben pulls me in for a kiss and I kiss back, tender and soft like kissing a peach without the fuzz. So technically like a nectarine.

SHORT CHAPTER GUYS SORRY!! I PROMISE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER AND MORE DRAMA IS COMING SOON!!