2: Heaven is a Place

*Chen*

Lucy could literally count on one hand the number of times her feelings for her T.O had been more than evident, at least to her. There was obviously their very first shift together, when she literally saved his life after being shot. Definitely, after everything went down with Crazy Caleb and the whole being kidnapped and dying in a barrel thing... Knowing that it was Tim who brought her back, having his face and those blue eyes be the first thing she saw after death, well it changed things inside of her. I mean someone doesn't just breathe life back into you for no reason, RIGHT?

Truth be told though, what had really solidified her feelings were the events after her best friend's death. Watching Jackson get shot and actually die on that video had been the hardest thing she had ever been through. They had been friends since day one at the academy, they had been roommates, and going on without him seemed unimaginable. Truly, that video was like living her own nightmare, even after she'd already lived through what anyone else would consider a nightmare. This was so much worse.

That night, at the station, she had done everything she could not to go home. When Tim offered to have her stay with him she wanted to scream yes, but instead she told him she didn't want to impose. Sure, they had become friends, but in her current mental state all she felt like was a burden. He had done his best to reassure her that she was not, until he wore her down and she agreed.

As they drove back to his place that night, Lucy in the passenger seat because her mind was not one okay enough to drive, she tried to focus on anything else. He was her hard ass, control freak T.O. He had literally been married when she started as his rookie, to an ex UC and current drug addict no less. But, over time he'd shown his true colors, to her at least, and that stuck with her. Even his 'Tim Tests' no longer frightened her. He longer frightened her, nor did her feelings for him.

"We're here.." oh, she hadn't even felt his truck stop moving.

Without a response she followed him into the house, both of them greeting Kojo , who could obviously sense that something was wrong. All the emotions from that day had been far too overwhelming. After arguing about where each of them would sleep, Tim asked her if she needed anything. Though she felt like she was going to break, she made the semi joke of asking if he could go back in time. When he said no she could only think of one other thing.

"A hug?"

Asking for this made her nervous beyond belief. Though Tim might have been feeling bad for her, he had never been a very emotional or touchy feely person... other than when he'd held her on the ground after everything... But, was this too much? Did this cross some sort of line? They were friends after all and friends hug when sad shit happens. Right? Like a typical psych major, Lucy began to over analyze the whole situation. They had comforted one another before. This was nothing new, except it was.

'Snap out of it, Luce!' She scolded herself mentally.

Before she knew what was happening, Tim had pulled her into his strong arms. They wrapped her in a warm embrace. She felt comfort which no one else had given her. As he held her closer than he had after saving her life, Lucy felt sparks. The actual feeling of what little of their skin touched sent electricity through her body. Finally, she was receiving the comfort she had needed from the only man she needed it from.

What shocked the both of them most, was when that night didn't end at the hug...

***

That was two years ago... now it was just a memory that burned in the back of Lucy's mind. It was a memory that liked to pop up, usually at the most inconvenient times, but it always made her wonder. Since then Lucy had transferred to Metro's UC unit, working mostly the desk after passing her Detectives exam. She'd been here for one year and eleven months, and for the most part she kept in contact with everyone from Mid-Wilshire, some more than others. Mostly she talked with Lopez, Harper, and Nolan. Still, she enjoyed the thrill that this new life brought her.