24: She's Everything

*Sunday Morning*
*Chen*

What a night they had... Lucy had been so sure that something big was going to happen, and in a way something did, just not what she had been expecting. In her mind she knew she had been texting Tamara that maybe Tim had brought her there to break up with her, but after being reassured by her adopted daughter, other ideas had popped into her head. Thoughts that included a ring and excited phone calls home... but of course she wasn't that lucky.

Once again, she had psyched herself out, and jinxed the whole situation. What other explanation would or could Tim have for being so nervous? Taking a few deep breaths, Lucy calmed herself in the shower. Her few minutes in there, alone, once Tim had stepped out was her time to think. At the same time, Lucy refused to let herself get in her own head and overthink things again.

Upon re entering the bedroom area, she saw that Tim had already packed up his stuff and ordered her breakfast from room service. "You know me so well." She looked up from the food to Tim, who was laying on the bed watching ESPN.

"Of course I do, and that's why you love me."

Lucy began to crawl up on the bed towards him, with her best sexy smirk. "I'd love you even more if you packed my suitcase... and I'll do whatever you want."

He placed his hand over his heart with a mocked expression of shock. "Lucy Rose! Are you trying to bribe an officer? Bad girlfriend!" He scolded her.

"No no, of course not. I'm trying to bribe my boyfriend, Sexy Sergeant." She wiggled her eyebrows at him.

"Nice try hot stuff. Get to packing, we have a flight to catch and children to get home to."

Lucy flopped over on her back mumbling to herself, "it was worth a shot.." she pouted as she packed. However, she couldn't hide the fact that she was excited about getting back home to the girls.

Before leaving L.A, both she and Tim had agreed that their phones were only to be used for photo taking and emergencies. No work, no phone games, no reading, no updates about life outside of their little bubble. Other than texting Tamara at the restaurant, Lucy had adhered to their deal, she wondered if Tim had too. Not that she was going to question him, Tim Bradford was a man of honor and rule following.

"I do wonder how they are doing... I wonder if Jaclyn is walking on her own yet? I wonder how Tamara's classes are going... I wonder how things are going at the station.." she continued to wonder out loud until she was silenced by Tim's lips pressing against hers.

"What a.. umm, effective way to shut me up." She sounded content and so in love.

"I know. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that during your time as a rookie." She watched him scratch his chin out of curiosity. "Now now darling, enough with the questions, get back to packing. We do have a flight to catch. And the girls, remember them?"

Lucy swatted Tim with the back of her hand as she went to finish packing. It only took forty more minutes, as she continued to be distracted by her god like man. She still couldn't believe they had made their way back to each other.

"Okayyyy... I'm ready!" She cheered finally.

*Bradford*

Tim had to admit, he'd had a great time in New York with Lucy. He even showed his thanks and appreciation to her on the plane, twice, it was almost a six hour flight after all. With the hour left, Lucy read her book while he read his. Needs to say, they were both very relaxed when they arrived back in L.A. Tim was also very happy to find his truck in the parking garage, still good as new, untouched, and perfect. Getting back behind the wheel made him feel like he was back in control.