26: Shower

*Still Monday*
*Chen*

Lucy sat at her desk, in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Mid-Wilshire, she felt alone. Back at Metro she had Valeria at least, when everyone else was out doing work. Here, she had no one. At least her best friend from Metro had still been overjoyed about her engagement. Lucy couldn't help but laugh at the memory of her friends' reactions.

But, seriously, was she crazy for not still wanting to work patrol in between assignments? Sure, she had cases that she was working on, but it wasn't the same without Lopez or Harper. She picked up her phone to text Angela.

Me: please tell me you're coming back soon
Ang: not soon enough. I think next week though.
Me: so soon?
Ang: we'll I don't want to leave Sofia, but I told Grey I didn't need any more time.
Me: kids driving you nuts?
Ang: and Wesley

Lucy responded with a laughing emoji before getting back to work. It wasn't long before she began to feel nauseous. Fucking A, not now. Lucy thought as she raced to the closest bathroom. Ever since the baseball game in New York, when she and Tim had especially heated sex in one of the bathrooms at the stadium, Lucy hadn't been feeling too hot.

Of course, she had a good idea of what was going on, but Lucy was also in denial. For christ's sake, Jaclyn had only just turned one! After emptying the contents of her stomach she leaned back on her heels, still in the stall. This couldn't be right, and besides it was surely too early to determine anything. I'm just being paranoid. She shook her head, rising to her feet. I could just have the flu, she nodded her head as she went to flush and wash her hands.

Looking in the mirror, she did notice that she looked a little bit flushed, pale even. Her eyes were a little bloodshot. Overall, Lucy could see how run down she looked. Being the mother she was, she could even tell she was a bit warm. Yeah, I just need to power through. Chen's don't quit.

Lucy pushed on as she went back to her desk. She was more than a little woozy, even light-headed. It didn't make sense, she had eaten a good amount of the breakfast she'd made this morning. Sitting down at her desk, she rested her face in her hands, covering her eyes. A migraine was now forming. Lucy groaned out loud.

"Problem Detective Chen?" She peaked up with one eye open, still trying to hide from the light. Above her desk stood Sergeant Grey, with his arms crossed.

"Oh, me? I'm fine. Nothing wrong here, sir." She waved him off, putting on her best I got this smile.

He eyed her suspiciously. "I'm not buying it. You look like hell."

"Gee, thanks Sarge." She rolled her eyes.

"Seriously, Chen. Don't overdo it. If you're not feeling well, go home. We've got things covered here."

Lucy knew when she was defeated, sometimes. "If you say so Sarge, just please don't tell Tim until they come back. I don't want him to worry." Grey nodded as Lucy packed her stuff up in her bag, including a few files. She wobbled slightly as she stood.

"Okay, okay. Let's get you out of here. Luna is actually in my office. I'll have her take you home." Lucy wanted to protest, not wanting any special treatment or to be a burden, but she felt too weak. All she could do was nod.

Only an hour later she was back at the house. Tamara had classes and Wesley had come to get Jaclyn. There was only silence, this helped her head slightly, but it didn't stop her from throwing up several more times.

Exiting the bathroom that connected to her and Tim's room, she stripped herself of her outfit that day, and slipped into one of Tim's clean shirts, which she had fetched from his drawer. Surrounded by his scent, feeling comforted, Lucy crawled into their bed, where Kojo happily jumped up to cuddle his momma.

She turned on the tv and grabbed the files from her bag. Though she never actually got to them. Before she knew it, Lucy was wrapped up in the Nanny, an older show now on HBO Max. By episode three, Lucy felt herself drifting off. Without any argument from her body, she let sleep take over. Too bad she was awoken by her phone chiming multiple times. Groaning loudly, Lucy turned over to barely glance at the screen, the light still hurt her head.

Fiancé: where are you?
Fiancé: babe?
Fiancé: Grey said you went home. Won't tell me why.
Fiancé: baby girl?
Fiancé: okay I'm stopping by the house on a wellness check.

"Ahh he'll be here soon enough.." she didn't even bother to respond as she rolled back over on her side towards Kojo. The canine snuggled closer to Lucy, snoring heavily.

Lucy was awoken what felt like only a little while later, by a gentle hand stroking her sweating forehead. "Mmmm.." she mumbled.
"Baby, you're burning up. Do you want me to stay home." It was Tim's voice, soothing her.

"No no. The streets need Sergeant Bradford out there." Her voice was weak but her point came across.

"If you say so, love, but promise me you'll call if you need anything." He kissed her forehead.

"I do. Now go go, let me snuggle our dog." She shooed him away.

"I'm going. I'm going. But, before I do, I think Nyla said she'd be stopping by to check on you as well."

"Mmmhmmm" was the last noise Lucy made before drifting back to sleep. It was not a dreamless sleep, like Lucy normally experienced. Instead she saw herself in a hospital bed, Tim at her side, Tamara and Jaclyn sitting at the edge, and a small bundle wrapped in blue in her arms...

Hours must've passed before Lucy was awakened by the sound of closing doors. She awoke startled, only to find out that it was Tamara coming home with Jaclyn. She was feeling much better at this point, and glad to be moving around. First things first, she let Kojo out before joining her daughters in the kitchen.

"Feeling any better?" Tamara asked her as she prepared her little sister's dinner.

Lucy smiled, looking from the window into the backyard to her. "Yeah, I don't know what hit me, but I felt awful."

"Could be anything. But, I don't think it's flu season." Tamara shrugged.

"Yeah, it was strange. But, tell me about your day." She smiled at her eldest. Tamara went into the details of her day, until Tim arrived home.

"Where are my girls?" He called out, smiling as he walked into the kitchen. Lucy just loved the way his face lit up when he saw all three of them. He walked over and kissed the top of her head.

"How are you feeling?" His question was directed to her.

"Much, much better." She sounded better, even to herself.

"Wonderful. Harper said she tried to stop by, but you must have slept through her knocking. But, she did she give me this gift basket for you." He laughed as did she, handing her the small basket.

"I was really out of it, damn. But, that's so sweet of her. I'll go through it later." She was normally a very light sleeper. This just got more odd by the minute. "Either way, I'm feeling better now and was just about to start dinner."

"No, no. I got it. You apparently had a long day. And on the off chance you are sick, we don't want you touching food everyone else will be eating." Tamara stopped Lucy, blocking her from the stove.

"Well then, what am I supposed to do?" Lucy pouted. All until Tim picked her up over his shoulder.

"I've got some ideas." He laughed as he took them towards their bedroom, then the bathroom.