32: All I Want for Christmas is You

*Friday December 22, 2023*
*Bradford*

It's been over four months now and so much has happened. It might have seemed overwhelming to other people, but Tim knew that he and Lucy had this all under control. He knew that they weren't like other people, they operated differently. Honestly, that had been one of the first things that drew Tim to Lucy, so many years ago. It also helped that they had a whole team of people ready to help them.

First, Tim had been released from the hospital, something he could not have been more relieved about. Obviously Tim had not been thrilled about being in the hospital, no matter how short his stay. He felt lazy and it threw his whole 'vibe' off. He had also not been super happy about being driven around, it took away more of his sense of control. But, he made do, even with his restrictions on movement and ability.

Second, he had found out that Lucy was pregnant again, Tim was over the moon about being a father again. Even more so, he was thrilled to get to go through the whole process with his fiance. He clearly loved Jaclyn more than anything in the word, next to Lucy, and anyone could see that she was daddy's little girl. But, he had missed so much and this had hurt him deeply.

From the moment he had met Jaclyn for the first time, Tim had been more than ready to be a dad again. Therefore, Tim was fired up about the new baby boot that would be joining their family.

Third, he and Lucy had helped T find an apartment, and not just any apartment, it was Lucy's old apartment, her first apartment. Being back there had brought so many memories back to Tim, specifically, their first kiss, while prepping for their first undercover assignment together... The memories were almost overwhelming, but in a good way.

At first, both Tim and Lucy had been concerned about her living alone, until they met Arthur. He was one of Tamara's friends from college, also an art major. Tim also hadn't loved the idea of T living with a guy, that was until he actually met Arthur and realized just how gay the young man was.

T had called him her GBF, Lucy had laughed, Tim didn't care for an explanation. Either way, this allowed Tim to start making her room into a nursery for the new baby. Tim had also felt more relaxed after doing a full background check on Arthur and his entire family.

Lastly, Lucy had rejoined patrol, and though they weren't riding together, Tim was thrilled to have her back out there with him. No matter how much he worried...and he did constantly worry, Lucy continued to reassure him that she would be okay. She was a month out of her first trimester and she wasn't out there alone. And she had promised Tim that if things got to be too much she would go to desk duty.

Because of how far along she was, only Angela, Wesley, Nyla, Aaron, Grey, Nolan, and Lucy's rookie, Frederick, knew about her pregnancy. Sure, that seemed like a lot of people, but considering the size of the department, it was a relatively small list of people.

Among everything else, Nyla, Angela, Bailey, and Val had been on the couple about planning their wedding. However, Lucy was quite adamant about not doing it until after the baby was born, even though the ladies assured her they could have everything planned and ready before she really started 'popping out'. In Tim's mind he was simply sure Lucy just didn't want all the extra stress, she did have so much going on already... so he took matters into his own hands.

He knew that Lucy was set on having the "real" wedding after the baby came. He could even see that she was growing frustrated from the girl's nagging. Tim hated seeing his fiance under so much stress. He awoke that Friday morning with a strong sense of purpose, like other days, but today it was different.

Letting Lucy sleep, he got out of bed, going first to let Kojo out into the backyard. He then stopped by the kitchen to turn on the coffee machine for him and the tea pot for Lucy. Tim laughed thinking back to the day Lucy had been told she couldn't have caffeine, she was so cute when she pouted. As he laughed he made his way to Jaclyn's room.