17: I'm With You

*Chen*
*Monday morning*
*July 17, 2023*

Disappointment filled Lucy as she woke on Monday morning. The weekend at Tim's house had passed too quickly and she wanted to stay in their bed forever. She had really been waiting all weekend for Tim to just ask them to move in. But, she also thought it might have been too soon.. she wasn't sure. They each had been bringing up ways that they might have been moving too fast, but also saying that it was okay because of all that they had been through. So, why was Tim holding back on this step?

Overall, the weekend had been a blast. They had taken Tamara and Jaclyn to the beach, it was Jaclyn's first time and for that Tim had put on a happy face. Lucy was highly impressed, especially when he got in the ocean with the little girl. Needless to say, the baby had a blast. Meanwhile, Lucy and Tamara had enjoyed laying in the sun, all while Lucy kept her eyes on her shirtless and very sexy man. That night, the sex had been mind blowing for both of them.

They had all gone grocery shopping together and took nightly walks with Kojo. They had settled into a wonderful little routine, one that Lucy never wanted to end.

One thing Lucy was happy about, was that she had gotten the chance to talk to Tim about her possibly coming back to Mid-Wilshire. They had cuddled up on his couch, each with a beer, while Tamara held Jaclyn in the chair, with Cinderella on the tv. After Tamara took Jaclyn to bed and went to her own new room, Lucy had brought it all up. He had been thrilled with the idea, and was on board with it fully. But, over all, he had told her it was entirely up to her and that he would support her no matter what she decided.

This morning though, she did wake up early, also waking Tamara up, all before Tim, which was hard because he was an early bird. But, they were able to pull off her plan for his birthday breakfast in bed. The girls had been able to make Tim pancakes which were decorated like baseballs using whip cream and berries. Tamara and Jaclyn finished decorating them while Lucy brewed the perfect cup of plain black coffee.

"Mm-hmmm" both Lucy and Tamara turn at the cleared throat behind them. There stood Tim watching the girls with his arms crossed and his signature smirk.

"Happy birthday!!!!" Both Lucy and Tamara yelled at the same time. Tim joined them in the kitchen, taking Jaclyn from Tamara's arm.

"Thank you so much ladies, but I already got half a cake at the party we did for Lucy..." Tim hugged Tamara from the side and kissed Lucy's temple. As they sat down to eat, Lucy slid an envelope his way. Tim eyed them curiously, one eyebrow raised. "What did you do, Lucy?"

Fake hurt, Lucy put her hand over her heart. "I... uhh, I didn't do anything. Just - uhh, open it." She smiled at him. Tim's jaw immediately dropped upon opening it. "The Cathedral? We are going to see the Cathedral?" Tamara and Lucy exchanged a glance before looking back at him.

Tim rolled his eyes, "that's what they call Yankee Stadium."

Lucy smiled. "Then yes, we are going to go see the Dodgers play the Yankees in the Cathedral, not this weekend, but next. Happy birthday baby." They exchanged a kiss over the table before going to get ready for work. She watched as he slowly got dressed, his smile from earlier was gone. "Tim, are you okay?" She put a hand on his shoulder, his eyes met hers.

"We have to do that run today. We have the addresses and times. I'm just- uhh, I'm nervous." He put his hand over hers. The mood dropped.

"Tim, this is the job we signed up for, it's going to be okay. And you know... Juicy is a hell of a driver." Flashing a wink in his direction, she made her way back to the kitchen to put together their coffee thermoses.

"Hey, T, I'm riding to work with Tim so that you have my car in case you and Jaclyn need to go anywhere." She tossed Tamara her keys before leaving the house with Tim. "Did you tell T what's going on today?" Lucy shook her head to answer his question.