8: Hold You

*Bradford*

The sound of a crying Jaclyn was what pulled Tim out of his peaceful slumber that next morning. As he looked at his phone, he was relieved to see nothing from Ashley. Quickly he then got out of bed, careful not to wake Lucy, as he pulled on his jeans from yesterday. He then ran to Jaclyn's room to find Tamara already there, soothing her little sister. They both stopped with wide eyes as Tim realized he was shirtless and his pants were undone.

"Uh, yeah, I'm... I'm gonna go. You good? Okay." Tim stuttered before he ran back to Lucy's room, closing the door as fast as he could. Of course this woke Lucy up. "Are you okay? What's going on? You look like you just saw a ghost." She rubbed her tired eyes and she semi laughed at him.

"Funny story, actually, I just went to go get Jaclyn because I heard her crying on the monitor. And, uh, well... Tamara has now seen me shirtless. And considering how smart she is.."

"She will 100% figure it all out. And probably text Val and Lopez." Lucy cut him off. With tight lips he nodded. Before he turned his gaze back to Lucy, giving her a mischievous grin. She was not at all ready for him to jump on top of her, showering her with kisses and tickles.

However much fun they were having, it was interrupted by both their phones. They'd been put into a group text with Sergeant Grey and Captain McConnell.

SG: Metro. 1 hour. Be there.
CMc: Hope ya bonded. Don't let me down Chen.
Lucy: Yes sir. I won't sir.
Tim: Copy that.

"Guess we both better get ready." Lucy muttered, taking Tim's brief distraction to escape and run to her bathroom. Tim was faster though. He caught up to her to join her in the shower. It took them a minute to actually start getting clean...

Once done, Tim went to his bag and Lucy went to her closet. He went with his forest green Henley, gray jeans, and his black boots, since that was all he had here. When he turned around he saw Lucy had gotten as far as a bra and underwear.

"I'm absolutely loving the look girl, but I don't think Grey or McConnell will approve." He really was enjoying the view, even as she threw a pillow at him.

"Hush you. I got..... this. Yes!" She started throwing out clothes. She threw on a long black floral skirt, black sandals, and a green shirt that matched the flowers. "Tada" she cheered.

"Great. Let's get our girl."

"We're bringing Jaclyn with us?" Lucy didn't really sound surprised.

Tim shrugged. "Yeah, I texted Lopez. She's going to meet us at Metro later and take her for the night." Lucy nodded.

"Well done daddy Bradford." She winked at him before leaving the room.

"If you keep talking like that, we are going to be late." He ran after her.

"Okay, you guys are wicked cute and I'm digging this, but gross." Tamara met them in the living room. She handed a dressed Jaclyn to Lucy, who smiled brightly at her and she handed Tim a baby bag and Lucy's purse. "Got her all squared away for you. Bye momma bear and Zhaddy!" Tamara called to them as they left.

They got everything set in Tim's truck before heading to Metro. "What is with this Zhaddy nickname?" Lucy laughed at Tim's question. "Don't worry about it, she came up with it the first time she saw you years ago." Tim just nodded, still smiling. He honestly hadn't stopped smiling since he met his daughter.

"Oh, I'm not worried. I kinda like it." Tim shrugged. Lucy just laughed as she turned on his radio. She was instantly singing the first song that came on. He could really get used to this and he hoped that he'd have the time to.