33: Once in a Lifetime

*Saturday, March 23, 2024*
*time skip*
Mrs. Bradford <3

Lucy was now eight months pregnant and hating life. She didn't want to complain too much or seem ungrateful for the miracle that she had growing within her. She also knew how happy Tim was. He had gone above and beyond with everything he possibly could while simultaneously spoiling Lucy like crazy.

They had found out a few months ago that they were expecting a beautiful baby boy, whom they had already picked a name for, one that wouldn't be revealed to anyone until he was born. Yeah, Lucy was over the moon with joy, but she had truly forgotten how awful being pregnant was.

She had been back at Mid-Wilshire for a few months now at this point, and while she missed working with Val she still saw her old coworker often enough since she was now seeing Aaron. Also, Lucy was overjoyed to be working with Nyla and Angela again.

However, she was not happy to be on desk duty. She had been glued to the desk since her sixth month, and she was pissy as hell. Not to mention the fact that Grey had limited her working days to weekdays, when Tim worked so that he was able to drive her to and from work.

Well now, since it was Saturday, Lucy was stuck at home on their couch. Tim was at work, T was at her apartment, and Jaclyn was at the station's daycare. Other than Kojo, Lucy's best buddy, she was alone.

At first she had enjoyed this alone time, she had caught up on all of her tv shows, read every baby book that she had read when she was pregnant with Jaclyn, and she had picked everything out for the new nursery. But, all of that was done and she couldn't do much now anyway...

Rubbing her hands over her swollen belly she hummed a sweet tone. "I know you've still got a few weeks in there, but seriously baby boy, any day now would be great..." At the sound of her voice she felt a kick. Like always she jumped with a smile on her face.

She glanced over to Kojo who had a tilted head. "Yeah, that's your new baby brother in there, I know you can't understand me, but this is pretty neat." Almost like he did understand her, Kojo laid his head on her belly softly.

Moving slightly, Lucy leaned to grab a few files that she had snuck home with her the day Grey had sent her home for maternity leave. They were all about the UC case they had worked together, involving the Russians. She wasn't sure if Tim knew she had them or not, but he hadn't said anything so she would continue to hide them in the couch cushions until he said something.

She combed through the files slowly, like she had a million times already. No matter how many times she read through the page, Lucy still felt like she was missing something.

Lucy was perfectly content, until she wasn't. She began to feel pain in her abdomen, a pain she was semi familiar with. Though she hadn't felt it since the day Jaclyn was born... "So, you can hear me... FUCK!" The pain intensified as she tried to sit up.

Kojo moved off the couch to sit at her feet, he looked up at her anxiously. "Yeah, bud, this isn't good." She knew everyone else was busy, and if this was truly what she thought it was, Tim would be called. But, for now she picked up her phone to call the one person she had been instructed to call.

"Hello?" The woman's voice answered quickly.

"Luna... it's time." Luna Grey yelped at Lucy's words.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes." And then the line went dead.

Lucy went to stand, but she couldn't. She looked at her packed hospital bag by the door and back down at Kojo. "So much for a relaxing Saturday.. Looks like your baby brother is more ready than I thought."

It really wasn't even five minutes before Luna was barging in the house, using the key Tim had Grey give her. It was full swing then. "Alright, I've called Tamara, she's coming to watch Kojo. Wade is gonna grab Jaclyn from daycare at the end of shift. And Tim will be at the hospital as soon as we are probably." Luna spoke as she helped Lucy up and moved her towards the door.

She grabbed the bag for her and helped her to the car slowly. Right before she got in the car she felt liquid running down her legs. Both she and Luna glanced down.. "How fast can we get to the hospital?"

Luna didn't even answer as she got Lucy in the car and raced to her side. Lucy hadn't ever seen Luna like this, but it was kind of exciting. It would also be a lot more amusing if she wasn't going through contractions at the moment.

***

As suspected, Tim had beat them to the hospital, along with Celina, John, Aaron, Nyla and Angela. Lucy would have been happier to see them if she wasn't already screaming in pain. It only got worse as they put her in the wheelchair and moved her towards the front desk. She heard people talking, but she was a bit too distracted to be focused on that.

The next thing she really tuned into was being changed into a hospital gone and Tim helping her into a bed. She glanced over at him, seeing he was still in uniform she smiled at him.

"Are you ready to be a daddy again Seargant Bradford?" Tim smiled at her, rubbing soothing circles on the back of her hand, like he had learned in the birthing classes. "You bet I am, Mrs. Bradford." He stood up slightly to kiss her forehead.

Once the doctor entered their room, everything shifted into gear. It was all a whirlwind from there. Lucy's legs were up, Tim was behind her in the hospital bed, there was screaming and crying. And then there was silence, until the only sound that was heard was the sound of their son crying.

Lucy laid back against Tim as they took him to clean him up. He leaned down to kiss her head, "you did it! Seriously, Lucy, I'm so proud of you." She smiled at his sweet words.

Tears filled her eyes as she watched them head their way with a small bundle of blue. A nurse placed him in Lucy's arms and suddenly all she and Tim could focus on was their son. This was pure bliss, Lucy was sure of it.

***

A few hours later, Tim and Lucy both had decided it was time to let visitors in. One by one, all of their friends and family filed into the small hospital room. Bailey, Val, Tamara, Wade, and Jaclyn had now joined the group.

"How's mom feeling?" Angela asked.

"Mom is feeling tired..." Lucy sighed, smiling down at the baby in Tim's arms.

"If it helps we got the carseat taken care of since Bradford was a little preoccupied. Baby boy is going home in a shop." Nyla and Angela high fived as everyone laughed.

"Okay, the real question is, what is Baby Boy's name?" Val asked, peering down at him over Tim's shoulder.

Tim stood and walked over to Wade and Luna, next to Tamara who held Jaclyn. "Sir, would you?" Tim asked, Grey held out his arms and took the small baby. Tim looked at Lucy and she nodded at him. "Everyone, meet Mid's newest member, Wade Nolan Bradford."

The room filled with "awe's" and other sweet sounds. Luna hugged Tim and moved over to Lucy as John shook Tim's hand. Lucy couldn't help but cry again.

Lucy watched Sergeant Grey look from her to Tim. "Thank you, son." Lucy could have sworn there were tears in his eyes too. She didn't care though, this moment was perfect. For the moment their family was complete.

As she watched the scene in front of her, everyone taking turns holding little Wade, Tamara brought her Jaclyn. She held both of her girls close as she watched her guys.

Even though she was exhausted, Lucy definitely had one snarky remark left in her. "Just remember Bradford, the boys are still outnumbered." Everyone simply laughed as Tim winked at her. "For now..." he shot back. This made Lucy smile and everyone else laughed more. Yep, life was pretty damn good...