25: It's All Coming Back to Me Now

*Monday Morning*
*Chen*

Lucy was still in awe from the other day and she couldn't stop staring at her ring. It was phenomenal, Tim had done well, though she was sure he had to have had help. The thought of him trying to do it alone made her smile, laugh even.

Monday morning she helped get the girls ready while Tim did his thing, but she also made breakfast for everyone. "I'm pretty good at this whole housewife thing." She spoke to herself in the kitchen, she looked around at all she had accomplished with her hands on her hips.

"Don't get too used to it, Chen. You're too good at your job." Tim told her as he walked into the kitchen. Lucy turned and handed him a mug full of steaming black coffee. "You made coffee?" She nodded, kissing his cheek.

"Well, duh. Here's cup number one, and I have your thermos ready to go to the station."

He smiled brightly at her. "You are simply amazing."

"I know." Lucy flipped her hair over her shoulder.

After breakfast Tim and Lucy left in his truck to head to work. There was no sense in driving separately, unless Tim had to work nights for any reason. They drove in their typical fashion for a while, Tim focused on the road with a hand on her thigh and Lucy singing to the radio. "I think it's high time Tamara get her own car. Thoughts?" She brought us the topic casually. Tim nodded.

"I think that's a brilliant idea. She's been babysitting kids other than Jaclyn, right?"

Lucy nodded. "Yeah, she's got some money saved up. But, I was thinking we could help too. Maybe matching how much she has saved."

Tim pondered her words carefully, he was quiet for several moments. "That sounds reasonable, sure." Pursing his lips together, he nodded. Lucy could tell he was mocking her slightly, she slapped him playfully on the arm.

"I'm being serious. I'm sure she's tired of sharing my car with me. And other than the cars she stole before I found her, she's never had a car of her own."

"Other than Jake's drug car, you mean?" They both laughed, before Tim continued. "But seriously, Detective, I think it's a great idea and very parent-like of you." She laughed again, everything he said made her smile, even if he wasn't trying to be funny. It was Tim alone that made her smile and laugh at the drop of a hat. It had always been him, even when they were apart. It had been hard to forget him though, there was so much of him in Jaclyn.

She was pulled from her thoughts as Tim parked the truck at the station. "We also have her college graduation coming up soon, I haven't heard of her plans after..." Lucy worried allowed as they walked into Mid-Wilshire hand in hand.

"We can talk about that with her later honey. T is a smart girl, and now is not the time for super emotions. Get your head in the game."

"There's the Bradford I know." She kissed his cheek as she made her way to her desk area while he went to change.

*Bradford*

Once in uniform, Tim made his way to Sergeant Grey's office. Whatever had been concerning his superior the other day hadn't quite escaped his mind. Tim had done as Grey had told him to, he went home and celebrated his engagement to Lucy with his family, but now it was back to business.

He approached Wade's office before roll call, the door was open but Tim wasn't one to just barge in. He knocked twice. Sergeant Grey looked up from the paperwork on his desk. Removing his glasses he gestured for the younger Sergeant to enter. "What can I do for you, Bradford?" He sat back, crossing his legs.

Tim entere, closing the door behind him. "The other night, after I proposed to Luce, you had that worried look on your face, you told me that you didn't want to ruin the night. Sarge, what's going on?"