10: Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby

*Chen*

Lucy was up before the alarm clock and Tim on that Saturday, this was a first. After watching the sun rise they had made love in the living room by the light of the morning sun before passing out of the floor. Obviously she hadn't slept long and was very excited to go pick up Jaclyn. Before waking up the  handsome sleeping man next to her, she decided to check her phone.

AL: Can't wait to hear how the OP went.
AL: When are you coming by to get Jaclyn?
AL: Thinking about brunch for the six of us, so the kids can play?
AL: If you don't respond soon, I'm assuming you're both goners and I get a daughter.
AL: kidding, but like, are you good?
AL: Are you guys having naked time?

Lucy couldn't help but laugh at Angela's texts. Those all seemed pretty normal coming from her. After many years of knowing her, Lucy had learned that Angela had zero filter. Those texts were all very normal, however the last one was not. And it was from an unknown number...

Unknown: you will regret it all...

She just thought that was weird in all sorts of ways. In her line of work, Lucy always did her best to keep all of her personal information off of the internet, despite her love of Social Media. Unsure of how to handle the unknown number and what seemed like an almost empty threat, Lucy thought it was best to ignore it. Instead she decided to wake Tim up, with a passionate kiss on the lips. He responded almost immediately by kissing her back while pulling her body closer

"Mm-hmmmm" they broke apart at the sound of a clearing throat, looking up to see Tamara standing in the kitchen with her hands on her hips and an amused look on her face. "Maybe put a sock on the door next time?" She joked, referencing a thing college students did. The pair covered up quickly.

"Umm, yeah... uhh, welcome home. How was the party last night?" Lucy spoke quickly, trying to change the subject, while Tim tried to clean up any mess they had made. "Do you want breakfast?" She asked the young adult another question while Tim scrambled to get up and go to the bedroom.

Tamara just laughed. "No no, it's okay. I did breakfast with my friend.." her voice was uneven and quite shaky. She should've known this wasn't going to end well with two cops.

"What's his name?!" Tim yelled through the closed bedroom door.

"What? Excuse you? Tamara is smarter than to be hiding a boy from me!" Lucy yelled back.

"Emerson." Tamara whispered. Lucy's head snapped in her direction, her eyes wide.

"I KNEW IT!" Tim once again yelled from the bedroom. Lucy simply rolled her eyes.

"And when was I going to hear about this Emerson?" With her hands on her hips, still using a blanket to cover her naked body up, Lucy came at her with the mom tone. And a Lucy Look...

"Well I think you've already met him since he works at the DA's office as an intern." Tamara gave Lucy a knowing look as she whispered the next part. "Where you know who works..." Lucy could only palm her forehead. She had completely forgotten about Chris with everything going on.

"Fuck. Umm, I'll figure that out later. Tim and I have to go get Jaclyn." Tamara only nodded and smiled at her stepmom. "Okay, yeah, I'll be here studying." That was the last Lucy heard before Tamara disappeared into her room.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuckity fuck.." Lucy mumbled as she made her way to the master bathroom where she joined Tim in the shower. He was way too distracted by her wet naked body to ask questions. "God I'll never get tired of your naked body..." he buried his face in her neck as he stopped talking. Her body stiffened as his thumb ran over the tattoo she wish she hadn't kept. Her DOD tattoo. Sometimes she was thankful for the confidence and strength it gave her. Other nights it still made her curl up and cry. "I'm sorry, Chen." Tim whispered into her neck.