4: All I Want

*Chen*

This was fucking great. Lucy sat in silence, stuck in this room with him. She hadn't seen Tim since they finished their first undercover OP as Jake and Sava. That was almost two years ago too. Lucy pulled out her phone quickly, unready to talk to him.

Me: hey, might be home earlier than normal today. Will fill you in later.
TamTam: no biggie. Jaclyn and I are chilling at home.

Second texts...

Me: fuck me seven sideways to Sunday...
NH: take it you've been briefed???
Me: oh so you did know this was coming?
AL: don't shoot the messengers. We love you!
NH: are you going to let him meet his daughter?
AL: oh please do! Timothy needs some actual happiness in his life🥺
Me: maybe

Third texts..

Me: hey stuck with Bradford today. If he comes down with me, you DO NOT mention Jaclyn, got it?
Val: you got it girly. But you and I both know he's gotta meet her sooner or later.

She sighed but didn't respond. "Problem, Chen?" He finally broke the silence. Somehow Lucy knew he'd be the first to break. He was stubborn, but not as much as she was. He was also hard headed and impatient.

"Nope, not at all.." yeah only having to work with you again... oh and the daughter you haven't met, by the way she's one. 'He's gonna kill you girl..' her conscience was right.

"Look, Chen, obviously this is going to be hard, possibly unpleasant, but it's the job. It's what we signed up to do. We've never had problems setting aside personal life before, for the most part at least. We started this assignment, I think we owe it to ourselves to see it through." Lucy hated when he made sense like this. It really pissed her off. So, that hadn't changed.

"Okay, I have to go check in with Val, Detective Silver, she's my partner and our creator here at Metro. And then I have errands to run." She stood and moved out the door. She didn't say anything to Tim hoping he was still smart enough to know to just follow. "For all undercover OPs Valeria does all of the costume making or shopping and creates all of the backstories." She continued to fill Tim in as he caught up with her. They got in the elevator to head down to the lowest level. She prayed Tim couldn't sense her anxiety in the closed space.

"Copy that." She heard the smirk in his tone,she didn't even need to look at him.
Upon entering the space she mostly shared with Val she called out to her. "Val, boo! I'm home and I brought company!" She watched Val peak out from around a corner. Val's eyes went wide. The two women watched Tim as he took in the space.

"His pictures do not do him justice!" Val whispered to her. Lucy simply rolled her eyes and shook her head. She put a finger to her lips, silently telling Valeria to be quiet. Among other things, Lucy remembered that Tim had impeccable hearing.

"So this is where we will get ready on Friday before we go to the club. Val will meet us here to dress us, set us up with a car, and catch us up on what Jake and Sava have been up to, in case they ask." She called out to Tim. He stopped wondering around and moved closer to where they stood.

"Quite the little set up you've got here. Very impressive. My Boot is all grown up." She rolled her eyes again as Tim pretended to wipe a tear from under his eye. He was mocking her and she didn't appreciate that.

"Shut up, Bradford. I know it's different than what you're used to, but I don't spend my days on the streets. Now I run errands and go home where I read over case files, in this case our past files on Jake and Sava, and the new one. Ummm if you want to come over after your shift or whatever we can get started. I'll text you my new address." Lucy was very straight forward with Tim. This wasn't like before. No one was above the other. But, like she had told him, he was on her turf.