16: We Could Have It All

*Bradford*
*Friday morning*

Thankful that Sergeant Grey had given him the day off, while also telling him that he and Luna couldn't wait for Lucy's party, Tim was only a little stressed for that night.

"Zhaddyyyy, you need to chill." Tamara tried to calm him the moment Lucy left for work. He chuckled nervously.

"Yeah yeah, I just want everything to be perfect for her tonight.." Tim went to Jaclyn's room to finish getting his daughter ready. Tamara followed, packing quite a few more outfits for the baby, and everything she would need to stay. The young adult had already packed a bag for Lucy and herself, since she knew that Tim was going to ask them to spend the weekend there.

"Well, it's going to be fabulous. Everyone has RSVPd, the house is ready, your sister is meeting us at your house in 30 minutes with the boys. Just don't stress."

"And you're picking up the cake at 5?" Tim asked her panicking.

Tamara simply nodded.

*Tamara*

She smiled at Tim, as only she, Angela, and Nyla knew that she was actually picking up two cakes. "Of course, seriously, Tim. You need to chill. Angela and Nyla are getting her to the house after shift. And everyone else will already be there." She watched him relax a small amount. However, Tamara knew that this was not going to be the end of his freak outs. On one hand it was super cute, it showed how much Tim loved her adopted mom, even though she was quite sure they hadn't used the L word... But, on the other hand, if Tim didn't calm down soon, he may not make it to the party...

"Okay, we gotta go. I'll grab my sister, you grab all the bags, since you've got the muscle and what not.." Tamara gestured to Tim and his whole physique as she picked Jaclyn up off the changing table.

"I feel like I should be insulted, but I'm not." Tim mused as he followed her out into the hallway.

"Of course you're not.." she mumbled quietly, locking the door.

"What was that?" He questioned her.

"Nothing at all." Tamara yelled running towards the elevator.
"Don't run with her! Be careful!" He yelled after her.

"Omg you sound like such a dad!" And that was how it all went, through the process of getting to the truck, the drive, and all the way through unloading what they had already into the house. Genny arrived to the house about an hour after they did, with Tims' nephews, Tyler and Josh. She immediately gravitated towards her new niece. From there on, Genny took over Tim's role as decoration coordinator, since she refused to put Jaclyn down.

*Bradford*

It was 5:00 pm before he knew it, Tim was freaking out. The house was baby proofed, decorated, cleaned, the backyard looked amazing, Tim was feeling pretty good as he cracked open a beer.

"Okay I'm off to get the cake, I'll be back in 20 minutes!" Tamara called out before leaving. Tim was only slightly nervous about her driving his truck. No one had ever driven his truck other than him. As soon as she was gone, he made his way down the hallway, Kojo following behind his master.

"What are you doing?" Genny called to him.

"Well this week a young adult did her own thing in this bedroom, to make it her own, and I have yet to see it." As he opened the door, Genny and Kojo with him, his jaw dropped.

"Wow." Genny mused as they walked in. It was colorful, vibrant, and a real work of art.

"This girl has a real knack for art." All Tim could do was nod at Genny's words. They were interrupted by knocking at the door.