18: Home

*Chen*

With the UC OP wrapped, all Lucy could think about was Delilah, why she'd posed as a cop when she was the wife of a Russian mobster. It wasn't like she needed to work... but Lucy thought back to a time she and Tim had worked together. It had been about an old cop, one that Tim had called a legend. He had told her that the guy was thinking like a criminal, and that made him more dangerous. In a way Lucy could see the similarities to this situation. As far as Lucy knew, the wives didn't get involved often, but they still knew the ins and outs and they were clever. No one messed with the King, without irritating the Queen.

She sat at her desk in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Metro. Tapping her pen on the desk she was truly racking her brain. Thinking about her first month on duty with Tim, Lucy also thought back to when he had told her to think like a crook. He had most likely told Delilah the same thing. Not that she needed that push... Delilah was thinking like a criminal cop now. Though she hadn't finished her rookie year, even, but she'd learned enough. Especially since Tim had been her T.O...

In many ways she knew how to think like a criminal, she needed to know how to think like a cop. She needed to gain trust and get inside so that she could get information. But, why would they send her in for this? Why was Delilah the right person for the role? Lucy studied the photo of Delilah from her employee file, along with various pictures on her social media accounts. Sure, she was young and pretty, and a bit naive looking, but... fuck! That's when it hit Lucy. Quickly she pulled up two other tabs on her computer, one opening Ashley's social media, and one opening Isabel's mugshots and records.

With careful detective eyes, Lucy scanned all three women. Blonde, bright eyes (at least in the beginning for Isabel), long legs, similar body build... that's why they had sent Delilah in, or maybe why she had volunteered. Lucy wasn't sure which way it had come about. But, she did know that Delilah looked like Tim' "type". While this saddens end Lucy slightly, because she looked nothing like these three, she couldn't let herself think about that now. They had been watching Tim alone, or maybe the LAPD as a whole, and that was their way in.

Also, thinking like a detective, and not a pissed off girlfriend, Lucy could see that maybe Delilah was the one sending the texts. Whether she had volunteered or been pushed into the role, she had grown overly fond of Tim, like her husband didn't even exist. Picking up her phone, she dialed Angela's number.

"Hey boo, you're on speaker with Nyla and I. Whatcha got for us?"

"I'm sending you guys three images. Tell me what you see." Lucy sent three photos to Nyla's phone, one of each girl.

"Holy. Shit." The other two women said in unison.

"So, clearly yo man, used to have a type." Angela emphasized the words "used to", Lucy smiled but didn't say anything.

"I'm gonna head over to Delilah's listed place of residence, I've got the warrant to enter. Meet me there?" She began gathering her things before even ending the call. She was going with or without them.

"On our way!" Angela answered her before hanging up. Lucy got there first and texted the ladies where she parked, a street over from the house. Once the other two women arrived they all got out and walked towards the house.

"So, how are things going with Tim?" Nyla questioned her.

"Well, I had thought that after the house remodel he was going to ask us to move in with him. We talked about things moving fast, but being okay with it moving at the pace that worked for us... and I talked to him about possibly coming back to Mid-Wilshire, it went well. Also, we are working on planning Jaclyn's first birthday party for this weekend." Lucy unloaded a bit too much, playing into the small talk.