First Day 2

"Scars, no matter what kind always tell a story."

3rd P.O.V

Seungkwan laid down on his bed and took a deep breath. It was only the first day and everything was overwhelming him. At least his roommate was quiet. Seungkwan sat up and looked at him. His roommate's name was Vernon. He'd found that out a couple of hours ago. Other than their few words of introductions, the two hadn't spoken at all. A part of Seungkwan was grateful but another part was somewhat sad. Vernon had seen something that morning that he hadn't wanted anyone to see. He was afraid but Vernon hadn't said anything about it. He treated Seungkwan's scars as if they didn't exist. Everyone else that had seen them was disgusted but Vernon hadn't batted an eye.

"Vernon-ah?" Vernon hummed and turned around to face Seungkwan. "Could you not tell anyone about my s-scars?" Seungkwan cursed at himself for stuttering. Vernon stood up from his desk and walked over to his bed, sitting in front of Seungkwan.

"Seungkwan, those scars aren't any of my business. If you want to tell me, then I'll listen. If you don't, then that's okay too. I'll pretend that I never saw them if that will make me feel better but stop beating yourself up about it. I don't know how you feel about them but I think they're beautiful because they tell a story. They tell a story about how you've been hurt but continue to keep going. That in itself is an incredible thing." Seungkwan felt tears slide down his face as his roommate spoke. He didn't even know the guy but said the guy had just done something that his parents had tried to do for him. He made Seungkwan feel okay about his pain with such simple words.

"Vernon-ah, thank you." Seungkwan said, in a shaky voice. Vernon stood up and hesitantly walked over to Seungkwan. He bent down in front of the crying boy and smiled.

"We just met. I know that but let me tell you something I once heard. It's okay to hurt. It's okay to be broken but it's also okay to love yourself. It's also okay to break free of your self-hatred and learn to love yourself. There will come a day when you do. Till then, keep fighting because there will always be one person who will love you and miss you." Seungkwan looked up at the boy. "It's okay to love and it's okay to be loved Seungkwan." Seungkwan couldn't believe that he had broken down in front of a complete stranger but a part of him felt relieved at Vernons' words.

"Vernon-ah." Seungkwan said before standing up. Vernon got up and sat down on Seungkwan's bed. Seungkwan took a few steps in front of Vernon and took a breath before pulling his shirt over his head. Vernon stood up and walked over to Seungkwan and looked at his back. His entire back was covered in scars.

"C-can I?" Vernon asked, quietly. Seungkwan hesitated before nodding. Vernon lifted his hand and gently touched Seungkwan's back. Seungkwan shivered under Vernon's touch. He cried again because of how gentle his roommate's touch was. Vernon carefully placed his hands on Seungkwan's shoulders and urged him to turn around. When he did, Vernon saw more scars on his front. Vernon wanted to cry at the thought of the pain Seungkwan had gone through. He wiped the tears from Seungkwan's eyes and hesitantly wrapped his arms around the boy. Vernon's heart broke. He'd seen the boy last year. He'd seen how happy he'd always seemed to be but now seeing what the boy had been through, he wanted to protect the boy. He wanted to make sure that Seungkwan never went through such pain again. He placed his hand under Seungkwan's chin and gingerly lifted his head to look at him.

"Seungkwan, you're beautiful. These scars a beautiful because they're scars of survival. Promise me you won't go back to that place." Seungkwan looked down at the ground again. Vernon turned his head up again to look at him.

"It was my brother." Seungkwan said, shakily. "He did it for several years before my parents found out. After that, they reported him but he only received a slap on the wrist and disappeared. No one knows where he is. Or maybe they do and just won't tell me. Now, I have to live with these ugly scars for the rest of my life. Please don't tell anyone else. It's easier for people to believe I'm okay. I don't want them to look at me like a pity case." Vernon lightly smiled.

"You're not a pity case. You're a human that deserves love just like everyone else." There was a knock on the door. Seungkwan rushed to put on his shirt while Vernon went to go open the door. He looked back to make sure Seungkwan had his shirt on before opening the door.

"Hey, Hyung." Vernon said. The stranger smiled.

"Can I come in for a moment? My roommate is driving me nuts. I came close to punching him." Vernon nodded. The stranger walked in and Vernon shut the door. Seungkwan sat down on his bed. His face had completely changed from a moment before. He put his walls up again. Vernon motioned to Seungkwan.

"Hyung, that's Seungkwan. He was here last year too." The stranger walked over to Seungkwan and held out his hand.

"Jeonghan." The boy known as Jeonghan said. Seungkwan smiled and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you." Jeonghan nodded. He had a kind smile. It looked like the smile of a mom. Seungkwan laughed a bit at the thought.

"Hyung, don't you have the same roommate as last year?" Jeonghan turned to Vernon, shaking his head.

"No, my roommate is Seungcheol." Seungkwan was confused when Vernon burst out laughing.

"Wow. Talk about fate." Jeonghan sighed.

"I disagree. I've known him for 6 years and he's gotten more tiring every year." Vernon and Jeonghan spoke for a while long before Jeonghan left. Seungkwan got a text and picked up his phone. His breath hitched when he saw the message. Vernon walked over to him and grabbed his phone.

Mom
He's back. Don't come home for a while. I don't know what he wants or why he's here but he doesn't know where you are so just staying at school. I'll keep you updated.

"I'll stay at school with you during the holiday." Vernon said, putting Seungkwan's phone down. Seungkwan only remembered then that there was a holiday week coming up. "I know we don't really know each other but there is no way in hell I'm letting you stay at the school by yourself. I have nowhere to go anyway." Seungkwan couldn't speak. He only nodded at his roommate's words. After that Seungkwan laid back down. He scooted toward the wall. It took Vernon a moment to figure out what seungkwan wanted. He found it interesting that a kid with so much pain, felt so comfortable with him. He had barely known Seungkwan a day but had already found out his darkest secret and now the boy was asking him to sit with him. Vernon sat down on the Seungkwan's bed and leaned his head against a pillow. They sat there for a long time. No words were said between the two of them. They both had a lot on their mind. Seungkwan was scared that his brother would find him. Vernon was going to protect this boy. He declared to himself that he would help Seungkwan feel loved again.

**********************

So, this is chapter 2. I hope everyone loved it. Also, I have a major soft spot for Verkwan so expect a lot of them. I love you and stay safe. If anyone needs to talk, I'm always here.

 No bc I literally love them so much