First Day 3

"No one ever truly knows everything about us"

3rd P.O.V

Seungcheol had known that he pissed Jeonghan off but he couldn't help it. He had to. It was the only way he could protect Jeonghan from what was going on. The two boys had been neighbors for 6 years and they weren't exactly friends but they didn't hate each other. Seungcheol had been intrigued from the day Jeonghan had moved in beside him. Unfortunately, his parents had noticed that too. Even though Seungcheol was gay, his parents had been convinced that they could beat it out of him. So, every time Seungcheol looked a Jeonghan, they hit him until he couldn't move. Right before he'd come back, his parents told him that if he so much as looked at Jeonghan in the wrong way, they'd know and would hurt Jeonghan. Seungcheol knew his parents were capable of such a thing. So, he decided that he would push Jeonghan away even if it broke him to do so. That was the reason he was walking around the campus and not in his dorm with the person he'd been in love with. Unfortunately, luck had not been on his side tonight.

"Cheol-ah!" He heard Jeonghan scream. He didn't stop. He just kept walking and hoped the long hair boy would leave him. He had been wrong. Before he knew it, the boy was standing in front of him and panting. He could tell Jeonghan had been looking for him for a while. He only sighed and put on a cold front.

"What is Jeonghan?" The long-haired boy frowned.

"I don't get it. Just a week ago, you were happy to see me and now you're acting like you hate my guts." Seungcheol's heart clenched but he had no choice. He didn't care if his parents hurt him but he was going to do anything and everything to make sure Jeonghan was safe.

"Jeonghan, for once in your life. Listen to me. Please. Go away." Seungcheol was on the verge of tears as he said those words. He could tell that Jeonghan had been too.

"No. Not this time. I have put up with this shit for too long. One minute you hate me, the next you don't. " Jeonghan said, before grabbing his wrist and pulling him in the direction of their dorm. Seungcheol realized at that moment that he had to tell Jeonghan the truth. He also knew that it was going to break the boys' hearts. They were walking into their room a moment later. Jeonghan forced Seungcheol to sit on his bed. Seungcheol sighed and pat the spot beside him.

"Sit down. I have to tell you or more, show you something." The only way Seungcheol could make the boy understand is if he showed him. Jeonghan sat down and turned to face Seungcheol. He was afraid of what was about to happen but he trusted Seungcheol. In fact, there was no one he trusted more. What he didn't expect was what he saw when Seungcheol pulled his shirt off. His heart broke at the sight of Seungcheols' scars. He began to cry. Seungcheol gingerly wiped the tears from his eyes.

"What happened to you?" Jeonghan asked, quietly. Seungcheol smiled.

"I fell in love." Jeonghan was confused. He remained quiet. "My parents hate that I did. They hate who I am and they hate who I love." It took a moment for the words to register but once they did, Jeonghan began to cry more. He held out his hand and touched the long scar on his chest.

"I-I caused this?" Seungcheol shook his head.

"No. My parents caused this. You've done nothing wrong."

"But I'm the reason they hurt you. I'm the reason you had to suffer this pain." Seungcheol smiled at the crying boy. He couldn't help it. He was so beautiful.