Han River

"Life means different things to different people."

Dino was looking out the car window when he felt Sihun's hand touch his knee. Dino turned in his seat and looked at Sihun.

"Chan-ah, what's wrong?" Dino looked down at Sihun's hand and put his on top of Sihun's.

"Where are we going?"

"You didn't answer my question." The younger sighed.

"I'm just thinking about this whole situation. Seungmin told us about how our situation is different than theirs." Sihun glimpsed over at Dino.

"That's true. This situation is unusual but it could be a good thing. It could end differently. I hope that it does."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to lose you." I laced our fingers together, rubbing at the callouses on his knuckles.

"Hyung, have you been getting into fights?" Sihun Chuckled.

"Maybe. Are you going to scold me for it?"

"Do you need to be scolded?"

"I would say no but I'll probably get scolded anyway." Dino smiled.

"I'm not going to. At least you didn't lie to me. Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Look up. We're here."  Dino's mouth fell agape at the sight of the Han River.

"You brought to the Han River?" Sihun smiled at Dino's reaction.

"Yep. I did. Come on." The two guys got out of the car and walked toward the river. Dino wrapped his arms around himself. He shivered from the chilly air. Sihun noticed and took off his jacket, placing it on Dino's shoulders. Dino gave a slight smile as a thanks. Sihun placed a blanket on the ground and motioned Dino to sit down. He did so. Sihun sat down beside him.

"So, what is it that you wanted to show me?" Sihun held out his hand.

"Take my hand." Dino grabbed his hand and linked their fingers. Dino felt a spark go through his hand. Everything went dark for a moment. Then he saw something. There were people around him. He could see Sihun lying beside him but he looked younger. It took him a moment before he realized that he was seeing a memory. He stood up from his place and saw a 6 year old version of himself. He was lying on Sihun's shoulder and holding his hand. There was a peaceful smile on his face. It went dark again and they were back at Han River.

"Hyung, why did you show me that?" Sihun smiled.

"That was me and you. It was a time when the world was dark but you were still able to smile."

"I was a kid. Most kids are oblivious to the bad things around them. They either don't see it or don't want to believe it."

"You're right."

"I feel like you sheltered me from it too. Throughout the day, I've had flashes of when I was little. You were in all but one."

"What was the one I wasn't in?"

The day dad died." Sihun looked down at their linked hands and thought for a moment.

"I was there. You just didn't see me." Dino shook his head, the truth coming to him.

"You were the one that killed my dad weren't you." Sihun took a breath and nodded.

"That was me."

"Why?"

"Because I had to."

"But you staged it to look like an accident."