First Day 4

"A childhood can change with a single person entering your life."

3rd P.O.V

Joshua sat on his bed and watched the guy he'd known for 10 years. He was typing something on his laptop with complete focus. The boy's name was Dokyeom but he'd gone by DK for years now.

"Sunshine?" DK hummed at the pet name that Joshua had called him for years. "What are you doing with so much focus?" DK chuckled lightly.

"You mad I'm not giving you attention?" Joshua only huffed.

"No. I'm just curious." He looked up from his laptop and looked at the boy. He smiled at the pout on Joshua's face.

"I'm writing an email. Let me send it and then I'll give you attention, okay?" Joshua hummed. A moment later, DK was done. He moved his laptop to the side and crawled up the bed to Joshua. Joshua held out grabby hands. DK smiled and laid down in his arms. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were addicted."

"I am addicted, sunshine." DK looked up at Joshua and smiled softly.

"I know, Josh." The two of them had been through everything together. Hell, they'd even been there when they came out to their parents. DK had gotten on a plane and flew to America with Joshua just so he could be there with him. To this day, their parents still asked them if they were dating but they couldn't blame their parents for thinking that. They did act like it most of the time. It's not that they didn't love each other. They did. They were just afraid of what could happen if they broke up. They had admitted a long time ago that they couldn't live without each other. They both knew that.

"I'm happy now." DK shook his head.

"I know. So the new guys, that freshman and the kid with tattoos, have you met them yet?" DK straddled Josh's waist and laid his head down on his chest.

"No, I haven't yet. Seungcheol Hyung texted me and said the kid with tattoos was really kind. Apparently, he's selectively mute. I'm glad I took those sign language classes in high school. Hyung isn't sure how he turned out selectively mute, though. All I really know is that he goes by Woozi. The freshman hasn't left his room since he got here so no one has met him yet." Joshua started playing with DK's hair.

"Interesting. I feel like we should just call this the trauma floor." Joshua laughed lightly.

"It feels like it. Every person on our floor has experienced some kind of trauma. I'm sure the freshman has too." DK nodded at his words.

"We could go introduce ourselves to him. He may be thankful to have someone approach him. After all, he doesn't know anyone yet."

"Yeah, let's go but do something for me first." DK looked up at him, curiously. "Kiss me."

"Josh." DK whined.

"Please." DK only rolled his before before pressing his hand to Joshua's cheek and kissing the other."

"Satisfied now?" Joshua smiled brightly and nodded. After that, the two boys got up and walked down the hall to the last door. Joshua knocked on the door. A moment later, a brown haired boy opened the door.

"Hi, I'm Joshua and this is DK. We wanted to introduce ourselves because you're new and we wanted you to know someone if you needed anything. You can always ask. We'd be more than happy to help you and so would everyone else on this floor." The freshman smiled at the two boys before holding out his hand.

"I'm Dino. It's nice to meet you guys. Thank you for coming to talk to me. I get anxious in new environments." The two boys shook Dino's hand.

"No worries. We understand. Unfortunately, this floor is full of people who have been through hell. I'm not saying you have to but just that we get it." DK answered. Joshua talked next.

"As your Hyungs, we always have your back. You're not alone here. That's a promise." Dino visibly relaxed at Joshua's words.

"You don't know how much that means to me." Dino replied. DK looked over a Joshua who nodded. They'd been thinking the same thing.

"Would you like to hang out in our room for a while?" DK asked the younger. Dino's face brightened. He nodded before running back into his room and grabbing his shoes. DK and Joshua smiled at each other. Dino came back a moment later. They walked back to their room and went in.

"You can sit anywhere, Dino." The younger nodded and sat down on Joshua's bed. The others did the same. DK was the one to start the conversation.

"So, tell us where you're from?" Dino took off his slippers and crisscrossed his legs on the bed.

"I'm actually from this area. I was looking at other schools but then my mom got sick. I couldn't leave her. I ultimately chose this school because of that." Joshua and Dk nodded.

"We're sorry." Joshua replied. Dino shook his head.

"It's okay. She's doing better at the moment. I do actually have a question, though."

"Go ahead." DK said. Dino looked around the room and noticed all of the pictures of the others.

"Are you guys like dating or?" Joshua and Dk smiled at each other.

"No. We've been best friends for 10 years. Actually, our 11th anniversary is coming up. I can't believe it's already been that long." Joshua said, with a smile.

"But you guys love each other?" The guys chuckled and nodded.

"Is it that obvious?" DK asked. Dino nodded.

"I've never seen two people glow when they look at each other as much as you guys." They looked at each other with shy smiles.

"I'll take that as a compliment."Joshua said.

"I'm sorry to pry. I understand, though. When you know someone for a long time, it's hard to become more." The two of them nodded at Dino's words. The three of them ended up talking till late in the night. They learned a lot about each other and for the first time in 7 years, Dino didn't feel alone.

******************

Well their story is gonna be interesting so hold on tightly.

Seoksoo is my comfort couple.