Unexpected Words

Woozi P.O.V

I tapped on Hoshi's arm to get his attention. He looked up from putting on his shoes with a smile.

"Do you think they'll like me?" He stood up and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Of course they will. How could they not? You're amazing." He backed up a bit so I could sign. I smiled knowing that he never missed a detail.

"I disagree. I'm a broken record." He frowned at my words.

"No. You're not. You're amazing and those guys get it. The group chat is called the trauma floor for a reason. There will not be a single guy in that room that won't understand. Sure they don't know what you've been through but that doesn't matter because we've all been through hell. Also, you won't always be this way. There will come a day when you're able to talk again. Till then if no one else does, I will always have your back. Understand?" I nodded at the blonde-headed boy in front of me. I was thankful for him.

"You mean it?" I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to talk to him so badly but I just couldn't. It made me angry that I couldn't. For the first time in years, I wanted someone to hear my voice but no matter how hard I tried, no words came out.

"I do. Also, stop being mad that you can't talk to me yet. We just met yesterday. The fact that you do want to talk to me, means a lot. Don't be so hard on yourself. Now, put on your shoes so we can go meet the others." I nodded and sat down to put on my shoes. At that moment, I wondered what the hell I could've done in my past life to meet a guy like Hoshi. From the moment we'd met, he'd been so kind and understanding with me. I stood up again. He looked down at me, wondering if I was going to sign something.

"I need a cigarette." Hoshi chuckled and nodded

"Okay. I'll text Seungcheol Hyung and let him know that we'll be down there in a few." I nodded before grabbing my keys and cigarettes. "Come on. I'll go with you and grab a hoodie. It's cold."

"I don't know where one is. I haven't fully unpacked." He walked over to his bed and grabbed one of his.

"Here take this one. You're broad but it's big so it should fit." I hummed a thanks before slipping it over my head. I frowned when I saw that he didn't have one.

"Won't you be cold?" He shook his head.

"No. I'll be okay."

"Fine but I'm not taking care of you if you get a cold." He chuckled.

"It's okay. I have you to keep me warm. Let's go." I couldn't help but smile. We left our dorm after that and headed downstairs. After I smoked a cigarette, we went back inside and headed toward the elevator. Hoshi leaned against it and sighed. I was gonna try to say something. I had to do it. I'd known the guy all of a day and a half but I wanted him to hear me.

"H-hoshi?" It took everything and it came out in a whisper but he looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Did you... just talk?" I tried again but nothing came out. All I could do was nod. "Wow. You told me last night that you haven't spoken in 8 years."

"I haven't. I don't know how I did that." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. He pressed his lips to my ear.

"Thank you, Hyung. Thank you for trying for me." He whispered. He rubbed my head gently as the elevator doors opened. I decided at that moment to try again.

"Th-thank you f-for making me w-want to." My words came out in a whisper once again but Hoshi heard me. The look on his face made me want to try harder. I had never wanted to talk as much as I did at that moment. I wanted to keep seeing his face light up like it did. I wanted to keep seeing his beautiful smile. I wanted it so badly.