Like A Rolling Stone (6)

Not long later, Alice Cooper was on tour in America. He was joined by Tommy Hendriksen and a bunch of others. Shy wasn't really in the mood to go out with her dad tonight, but she didn't want to be home alone either. She still really needed to work on her EP, but her dad didn't care about that. He banged on her bedroom door, "Shy! Come on. Come with us!"

"Why?" She shouted through the door from inside her bedroom.

"Because you like Alice and Tommy. Won't it be nice to see them again?"

"Yeah, but I'm busy."

"So what? You have 10 minutes to get ready. Me and Raymond will wait downstairs for you."

Shania laid on her bed and groaned. She really needed to work on her EP. After a couple minutes of questioning herself she decided to go because she did quite like Alice ad Tommy and didn't want to miss a chance at seeing them perform live. She quickly got changed out the same pyjamas she wore all day into some jeans, a black shirt and a denim jacket. She met up with her brother and father downstairs and then they drove across town to the airport, grabbed a jet and flew a few states away. While in the car and on the plane, Shy focused on her work and even scribbled down some notes for future songs. By the time they arrived it was very dark and the time difference was really playing with Ray and Shy's minds.

Wayne walked them backstage and met up with Alice. "Hey Alice, man!"

"Hey, man. Glad you could make it at short notice."

"No problem, man. I brought Raymond and Shania too."

Raymond and Shania walked forward and shook Alice's hand.

"Hey Ray-man. You've grown into a nice looking young man, haven't you! You must be 6ft at least already, man."

"Maybe not quite, Alice." Ray said and laughed.

"Ooh and Shania. Nice to see you again. Don't worry, I won't make you perform on stage again, but I know somebody who might-"

"Who?"

"Erm... actually I'll wait for him to introduce himself. Anyway, I better go and find Tommy and tell him you've all arrived."

"Alright. Bye, man." Wayne said.

Shania seemed confused by what Alice said. "Who would want to see me perform again?" She asked Ray.

"I don't know, sis. Your performance at the O2 was wicked though. People kept talking about it at school."

"People really liked it?"

"Yeah. Even teachers were talking about it. You're mega famous now, sis."

Wayne walked the children backstage and let them chill for a while before they took their seats like everyone else. Shania still had no clue about who wanted to see her."

"The backstage was similar to any other backstage area at a gig. The corridors were narrow, too narrow if anything considering the amount of people who were coming and going through them. There was a lot of loud music playing to entertain the audience before the show started which sounded like Alice Cooper's vibe. Luckily here the toilets weren't unisex so Shy had no fear about going in and having to clean it up a little bit. Shy and Ray went their own ways before meeting back up with their dad and taking their seats in one of the front rows at the show.

The show started the same as any other, but Shy was still left wondering who Alice was referring to earlier. She certainly hadn't noticed anybody odd and nobody had spoken to her since Alice spoke to her. She looked around during the show, but couldn't see much since it was so dark. Tommy was on stage, but why would Alice say something weird about Tommy? That meant it couldn't possible be about him seeing her perform again. After a while Shy gave up guessing things and enjoyed the show.

Towards the end of the show Shy needed the toilet. She told her dad and brother and wandered out of her row of seats and went into the lobby to visit the bathroom.  Once she was finished she washed her hands and left. While she was outside she took advantage of being able to see so she went on her phone and checked social media  and looked around at the notice boards that were on the walls of the lobby advertising other upcoming performances. While she was looking at the notice boards she heard the male bathroom door open and heard some guy walk out of it. Shy didn't bother looking around at who it was. The room went quiet for a few seconds until she felt someone tap her on the back of her left shoulder.

The man coughed and took Shy by surprise. At first she didn't recognise him at all. She sort of assumed it was someone asking her to move out of their way or something since the man seemed regular and ordinary. He wore a waterproof coat, dark jeans, black boots, a flat cap and a face mask. "Sorry, sir." Shy moved sideways towards the front door of the venue.

"Shania?"

"Yes, sir?" She had no idea who this man might be.

The man took his cap off exposing his long brown hair and then removed his face mask. Shy knew his face anywhere. It was Johnny Depp. He instantly stared at her and smiled.

"Hello, Mr Depp."

"Hey. You didn't recognise me, did you?"

"Not at all. How come you're hiding?"

"I just wanted an evening without any bother, I wanted a little privacy while seeing my friend perform tonight. How come you're here?"

"My dad wanted me and my brother to come and see Alice performing. I wish I didn't, I still have so much to do with my EP."

Johnny's smile dropped. "Oh. If I knew you were coming I'd have introduced myself again earlier. Does Alice know you're here?"

"Yes. You know what? Alice told me that he knew somebody that would want me to perform again after the 'success' of my performance at the HV show. I didn't understand what he meant by that, do you know what he might have meant?"

"I don't know... I mean, I loved your performance and I'd happily let you perform with us again." Johnny said shyly. "Somebody uploaded our joint performance at the O2 onto YouTube and it's already gotten 1 million views in a few weeks."

"I know. My brother keeps reminding me-"

"Shania, I was wondering if I could ask you a slightly personal question?"

"Sure."

"I know you said that you felt uncomfortable, but would you be interested in doing some stuff with me?"

"What kind of stuff?"

"Music... I know you said no before, but I'd personally like to do some covers with you and a few others. Like I want us to do some duets..."

"Really? You'd want to work with me?"

"Yes. I like you... I mean I like your skills. Your singing and guitar skills paired with mine would be a match made in heaven, don't you agree? I mean, I'm kind of busy for now, but I'd love to work with you at some point. What is your working schedule like?"

"I mean, I don't really have a schedule. I do have a part time job, but I can squeeze you in anytime, Johnny."

"Alright. I guess I'll be in touch then."

"Yes, I suppose. How come you're so busy, Mr Depp?"

"I'm like a rolling stone, always have been and always will be. I'm never sitting still."

"Unlike me then. I'm very much a homebody."

"Perhaps a likely paring. They say opposites attract."

"Indeed they do.  I better be getting back or else my dad and brother will be missing me. Will you be staying?"

"Maybe, only if you are."

"Of course." Shy said with a smile.

"Good."