Beautiful Trauma (22)

As Shania closed her eyes she thought of Johnny, wishing he could stay, but instead left and went back downstairs.

*

Back downstairs, the boys were partying and poor Alice wasn't too happy about the loud noise as he, Malcolm and Sean were the only sober ones. Johnny came downstairs and shouted to get everyone's attention, "Boys, how about we all call it a night? It's nearly 1am and poor Shania is wiped out and I don't think Alice is too pleased with the noise either."

"Sorry, man." A few of them said.

"Yeah, we should go." Tommy added.

"I can call you all taxi's if you want or you can sleep here." Johnny told them.

"Nah, man, we'll call a taxi to drive us to a hotel."

"Yeah, no worries, man."

"Alright."

Tommy, Glen and Chris called taxi's for themselves and Alice and Joe stayed the night like they planned. Once Tommy, Chris and Glen left, the house became very quiet and Joe, Alice, Johnny, Malcolm and Sean chilled downstairs for a while longer.

"So, how is Shania? Do you think we kept her awake?"

"Nah, she seemed ok when I her upstairs. She's up on the top floor of the house so I think she'd have slept through the loud shouting and laughter."

"Hmm." Alice got to thinking, "You took her to bed?"

"Myself, Sean and Malcolm did, yeah."

"And they left you alone with a drunk lady in a bedroom?"

Johnny caught Alice's drift. "Man, you know I wouldn't have done anything to her."

"Yeah, we know that, but what if she wakes up and thinks something did happen?"

"She won't, man. She wasn't that drunk and I didn't even touch her once we got her laid down. She's fully clothes and fast asleep."

"Or maybe she'll lie anyway and become the next-"

"NO!" Johnny shouted probably too loudly. "No, Shania is just a friend," He stared at Malcolm when he said that. "I wouldn't jump into bed with her. I doubt she'd even like me that way anyway..."

"Alright, man. I'm only saying it just in case, man. I don't want her getting heartbroken by a rock star or you getting burned by a younger woman again."

"I know. Anyway, I might have an early night, just in case Shania wakes up early and needs someone to help her with a hangover or something. Good night, boys."

"Goodnight, man."

*

Shania woke up at around 8am the following morning. She had a really bad headache and a tummy ache. "Hmmm." She opened her eyes and looked around the room, not recognising her surroundings. She sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. She noticed that she was still wearing yesterdays clothes so she grabbed her phone and texted Johnny.

S: Are you awake?

J: Yes. Do you need anything?

S: I'm so confused. I think I might be hung over for the first time in my life.

J: Give me a sec and I'll come into your room.

Within a couple minutes Johnny came into the room with some coffee and a bacon sandwich. He knocked before entering. He then walked in and put the coffee onto her bedside table. Shania was sat up on the bed when he walked in.

"I made you a coffee and Joe made you a bacon sandwich. I'm not a great cook so Joe thought that making you a bacon sandwich would be a better bet than a coffee on it's own." Johnny passed Shania the plate.