How D'ya Like Your Eggs in the Morning (35)

Johnny didn't sleep too well last night. He kept tossing and turning and even nearly fell off the sofa a couple times. He eventually woke up at 7am and prayed that Shania would be ok. It felt like she was haunting his dreams someway, somehow. Even when he woke up, Shania came downstairs a short time later. She seemed shameful when she spoke to him.

"Hi-"

Johnny turned and saw her stood by the bottom of the stairs, nearly exactly where they kissed last night. "Hello." He stood up and walked over to her. "Did you sleep ok?"

"Kind of. I have a headache."

"Ah, well you did drink a whole expresso martini within a couple minutes last night. Do you feel sick as well?"

"No, it's just a headache."

"Alright. Why don't you lay down on the sofa while I get you some cold water?"

"Alright." Shania laid down exactly how Johnny was laying up until a few minutes ago. Johnny went to the kitchen and found a plastic glass that had 'half pint' written on it and filled it up with cold water from the fridge. He then brought it to her and passed it to her. "Thank you, Johnny. What are we going to do today again?"

"Oh, erm, we're going to go out for breakfast, remember?"

"Oh yes, I remember now."

Johnny looked over the sofa at her, she seemed so cute. His heart broke when he looked at her. It really hurt him being so close to her, but also so far away at the same time. All he wanted was to scoop her up, call Sean or Malcolm to pick him up and take her back home to his house. Johnny put his fingers in his hair and sort of wafted his hair around in different directions, "Ya'know that we don't need to go out for food this morning if you don't feel well enough, Shy..."

"I'll be fine, Johnny." Shania sat up, put her feet on the floor and patted the other half of the sofa to get Johnny to sit down beside her.

Johnny sat down beside her, but made sure to leave plenty of space between them. "Erm, Shania, how drunk would you say you were last night?"

"No idea. I don't feel as bad as I did when I was at your house, but my head does hurt quite a lot... How come?"

"No reason, I just wondered if you remembered last night at all? Like after Sean and Malcolm dropped us off here."

"Erm, I remember laying down on the sofa... then waking up in my room this morning."

Johnny looked away from Shy and closed his eyes tight. His hands turned into fists and he felt a fire burning in his throat, "She doesn't remember." He thought. "How could I be so stupid? What if she thinks I attacked her and took advantage of her because she was drunk?... That would be the real end of my career." Shania could tell that Johnny's body language had changed. She reached over and rested her right hand on his knee, but he shook her off because he was still lost in his thought. Shania moved her hand away and grabbed her glass of water and sipped it instead. Johnny came out of his trance and stared at her, almost as if he had a delayed reaction to her touching him. "Sorry. I didn't mean to shrug you off. Can I use your bathroom?"

"Sure."

"Thank you." Johnny stood up and went upstairs to the bathroom. He guessed where it was and he was right. He went inside and closed the door. He perched his bum on the corner of the bath tub and stared at his reflection in the mirror above the sink. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuckerty, fuck fuck..." He whispered softly in case Shy heard him. "What if she fucking remembers and thinks I raped her? I'm fucking done for. What the fuck can I do now? Fuck it, I'll take her to breakfast and then ask her if she remembers, if not then I'll take the blame. I'll tell her I forced myself onto her... at least then she can't expose me for lying if I expose myself first..." Johnny worried himself into a state of sadness. He didn't know else to do. He stood up and texted Sean, asking him to pick him up and take him to the pub. Then he peed, washed his hands and went back downstairs.

As he came downstairs he walked over to the sofa, but Shania was missing. He panicked yet again, "Fuck, she's gone to the cops already..." Johnny searched around and even called her name out a few times, but then he saw her walking down the stairs wearing fresh clothes. Shania frowned at him when she saw him staring at her in a sweat.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Johnny. Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm quite ok. I just thought you'd gone to... erm, gone for a walk or something without me."

"No, I only went upstairs to change my clothes. Do you think this is ok to wear for breakfast?" Shania looked down at herself. She was wearing some grey sweatpants, white converse, and a Hollywood Vampire's shirt, the one Johnny gave her when she had a bath at his house  with a black jacket on top.

Johnny barely looked at her, he was far too stressed to care. "Yeah... It looks ok. I've texted Sean to come and collect us."

*

Eventually Sean came and picked them up to take them out for breakfast.

The pub looked the same as it did when Shania met Johnny there last time. Just before they walked in, Sean grabbed Johnny a pair of sun glasses and beanie from the car boot and passed them to him for a disguise. Johnny left his blazer jacket from last night in the back seat of the car and rolled his shirt sleeves up. He put the sunglasses and beanie on and then led Shania inside.

As Johnny and Shy walked in, the usual barmaid was there. She noticed Johnny instantly and called him by his new secret name, Mr Jack Smith. The lady smiled when she saw him in there, "Mr Smith, it's been a while since I last saw you..."

"Yes, ma'am. How are you, Ms Linda?"

"I'm fine, Mr Smith. Is this your lady friend who you told me about?" The lady was very friendly and eager to know more about Johnny.

"Erm, yeah..." Johnny said shyly. Shania smiled at her and seemed shy too.

"Oh good. What is your name, miss?"

"I am Miss Havoc..."

"Oh yes, I remember you from a few weeks ago. You came and ate lunch here with Mr Smith. Good. Jack, do you want to sit at your usual table?"

"Of course."

"Alright, right this way." Ms Linda walked out from behind the bar and led Johnny and Shy around the edge of the bar and towards the little table that seated two people near the men's toilets. Johnny sat in his usual seat which he sat at last time and Shania sat opposite him. "What drinks do you two want?"

"I'll have a black coffee, please." Johnny replied.

"And you, Ms Havoc?"

"Erm, I'll have an apple juice or something, thanks."

"Alright and I imagine that you both want a big full English breakfast right?"

"Yes. Just don't give me the mushrooms, please."

"Alright, and is everything ok for you, Ma'am?" Linda asked Shy.

"Erm, can I have no eggs, no mushrooms and no black pudding, please?"

"Sure. Is that all for the pair of you?"

"Yes, thank you, darl."

"No worries, Mr Smith." Linda said then walked away.