Still into You (12)

Today was the next day, the day of the 'date' with Johnny and Shania. Shania opted to wear the more casual look of jeans and a jacket and  so did Johnny. Johnny texted Shy the location and asked her if she could still hang out today.

J: Hey, Shy. Are we still going to see each other today? x

S: Sure. x

Shy added a kiss onto the end of her text because Johnny sent her one first.

J: Great. See you at lunch time. x

S: Great. x

By 12 o'clock, Shy drove her car from home to the pub Johnny wanted to meet her at. She felt nervous, but it wasn't going to be anything crazy and she knew that, although, she did do the trick her grandfather told her to do which was wear a faint perfume and if Johnny smells it, she'll know he cares enough to sit close to her. Shy doubled up on wearing double denim today so she wore dark blue jeans, black Vans, a dark grey t-shirt and a light blue denim jacket. 

The car park to the little pub was small and nobody was stood outside smoking. She then stepped inside, expecting it to busy with the lunch rush, but was surprised to see only a few tables occupied. The deco was very old fashioned which was quite nice. The walls were mostly exposed brick with some patches of paint with photos and posters up on the wall. The floor was carpet and there were around 7 little round tables scattered around the pub with some bar stood at the bar for people that chose to sit there.

Shy saw the barmaid stood behind the bar with a towel draped over her shoulder. She seemed middle aged, but also pretty cool and chatty.

"C'mon in, love." She welcomed Shy. Shy walked towards her and smiled, "I've never seen you around here before, what do you want to drink?"

"Can I have maybe some cider, please?"

"Do you have any ID, love?"

"Yeah." Shy grabbed her ID from her wallet and passed it to the lady.

"Ooh, Havoc... like the singer, Wayne Havoc?"

"Erm... yeah..." Shy wasn't quite sure if she was recognised or not so she just went along with it.

"Ooh, I used to have a big crush on that guy when I was a teen. He was a little heartthrob... Anyway, here is your drink, love. That'll be £4.90."

"Thanks..." Shy sat down and looked around. She couldn't see Johnny anywhere. She grabbed her phone and texted Johnny.

S: Where are you?

J: Ask the barmaid if she knows where Jack Smith is.

She raised an eyebrow, but did it anyway.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Do you know a man named, Jack Smith?"

"Oh yes. How come?"

"I am his friend. He asked me to ask about him to you. Can you take me to him?"

"He's over there. Around the corner near the gentlemen's toilets." The lady  pointed around the corner, around the back of the bar.

"Thank you." Shy picked up her drink and walked to the right and then left around the bar. She saw the toilets and then saw a lonely looking Johnny sat facing the other way, Shy assumed he was trying to hide himself just in case a fan spotted him. She walked towards him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Mr Depp?" She whispered. As soon as his head turned he smiled and asked her to take a seat across from him.

"You came!" Johnny said faintly.

"Yes. I was worried you stood me up. Luckily I asked or else I'd have left without you."