Paranoid (15)

Time passed and on the 3rd attempt of singing 'White Rabbit' it was correct enough so that's the video Shy used to post her and Johnny's cover onto her YouTube channel.

"And it's live!"

"Awesome. I hope you don't get any hate comments about me. People don't always seem to like me these days..."

"I'll be fine. I'm sure I've received worse hate comments when I was younger than any I could get from people hating on you. You know what, Mr Depp?" Shy suddenly felt very shy again, "I really liked performing with you just now..."

"Good. It'll help when the vampires and I go on tour again... Hey, don't look so shy about it. You'll be the perfect vampire to be added to the band." Johnny could tell how shy and quiet Shy was being about the whole thing.

"I'm fine. Can I have a hug?"

"Sure." Johnny leaned into her and Shy placed her hands on the sides of Johnny's back. Johnny's arms scooped her up which made her feel very calm and protected. As she breathed in Shy could only smell smoke surrounding Johnny. Come to think of it, Johnny's whole aesthetic was smoky. His voice was smoky, his clothes were dark and smoky, he smelt smoky, he just is smoky... a smoky vampire. The smoke did sort of make Shy feel unwell, but that was only because she wasn't used to his smell. Johnny released her, but Shy lingered a little before also releasing Johnny. "How was that?"

"It was nice... very smoky."

Johnny seemed shy all of a sudden, "Yeah, sorry. Did I smell too bad for you? I did put some perfume on but it must have wafted off in the wind as we climbed up that giant hill... You still smell nice though. I actually think the perfume you wear says a lot about your personality."

"Yes, I agree..." Shy heard the front door of the house unlock and open. A few footsteps were heard which sort of snapped Shy and Johnny out of the conversation they were in the middle of, "Should I go now... I mean, I don't want to get in the way." Shy stood up and moved the chair back to the table from the window.  Johnny got up and moved his chair too as Malcolm and Stephan Deuters came in.

Stephan was Johnny's assistant and friend who worked at his production company 'Infinitum Nihil' and Malcolm was one of Johnny's security guards. They were both quite surprised to see Johnny and Shy together and Shy definitely seemed surprised to see them too. Shy decided to revert back to her politeness and began addressing everyone by sir or mr.

"Hello, Mr Malcolm." She said, shaking his hand. "Mr Depp and I were have and drink and talking..."

"I can see that. Sean told me that you and John went out for lunch today, how did it go?"

"Fine, sir."

"Good. This is Mr Deuters, Ms Havoc. He works for Johnny Depp." Shy stepped forward and shook his hand. It was hard to catch how they felt about Shy, neither of them seemed very happy to see her and Johnny kept hiding in the kitchen nook, probably making them a coffee or something.

"Erm, I should probably go now. Thank you for the orange juice, Mr Depp." Johnny didn't say anything. Shy glanced back at him, but he didn't look at her. "Bye, Mr Malcolm and Mr Deuters."

"Goodbye, Ms Havoc." Malcolm said, but Stephan interrupted him.

"Ms Havoc. I think we've met before actually, years ago, maybe 2016, perhaps?"

"Yeah, maybe. I think I was about 13 the last time I saw the vampires so yeah that might be correct, sir."

"Ah. I am actually a pretty big fan of your father and grandfather. How are they?"

"Fine, I think. They are both in California right now."

"That's good. How old is your grandfather now?"

"In his late 90s, sir."

"Ah. And he's still well?"

"I think so, sir. I think that if he was about to drop dead I'd be with him rather than being here, sir."

"True. Thank you, Miss."

"No problem..." Shy turned to Johnny again, "Bye, Mr Depp. Speak soon." She quietly said goodbye to Stephan and Malcolm again then walked to the door to collect her shoes. Shy actually picked her shoes up and carried them outside and put them on in the car, even though the bumpy driveway hurt her feet as she walked shoeless. Then she drove away, she felt hurt by Johnny not saying bye to her. "Perhaps  he's embarrassed by me..." She thought as she drove away.