Come Together (62)

3rd October

The venue was giant. Shy felt quite scared again when she and the boys walked onto the stage. Although only 15,000 could fit, if Shy didn't know any better she'd have thought 15 million could have fitted in there.

"Wow."

"Don't worry, Shy." Alice told her. "It only looks big now it's empty."

"I know. I just don't want to screw anything up..."

"Shy, we've been though this. You'll do awesome tomorrow night!" Chris told her. He put his arm around her and hugged her which made Johnny's blood boil.

"Hands off my woman." Johnny thought to himself, then, out of no where, Sean patted him on the back to snap him out of it. Johnny turned to him and raised his eyebrows at him as if to say, "What do you want?" Sean stared at him in a way which warned him to not do anything bad, and Johnny nodded in agreement.

Shy walked off the stage and walked into the pit in front of the stage where people would stand. She stood in the centre of the pit and looked up at the others who were still standing on the stage. "It's a nice view from here..." She called up to them. Although the view was good Shania couldn't bare standing up for ages just to be close to the stage. She kept walking around, Johnny told Alice and Chris about his idea.

"Guys, last night on the bus I thought that we could have a 'Vampire Initiation Ritual' for Shania today while we have a day off. Like, to make her feel more part of the band."

"Does she not feel included?" Chris questioned.

"No, I think she feels included I just think we should make her an official vampire. We could have a party over dinner and make her an official vampire. We could play games and rub red paint on her clothes and pretend it's blood, like we've bitten her and made her one of us."

"Good idea." Alice said. "Do you think she'd be into that?"

"Yeah. I told her that we could do a vampire initiation for her last night while all of you guys were upstairs. She'll love it."

"Alright. What time?"

"Maybe at like 5pm. She seems tired so we shouldn't keep her or anyone else up too late tonight before the show tomorrow. We can have dinner at the hotel restaurant so it's low key and then we can go to mine or your hotel room, Alice, and have a party there for a couple hours. Then she might feel like a real vampire."

"Nice one, man. I'll let the others know." Alice walked away with his phone in his hand.

Once Alice had walked away Johnny got off the stage and told Shy the good news. Shy was now looking around at different seats and testing them to see what the view of the stage was like from each seat. 

"Hey, Shy."

"Hey, what's up?"

Johnny sat down beside her. Malcolm and Sean kept a watchful eye on Johnny from the stage. As far as they were aware Shy and Johnny still had some  bad tension between them.

"I told Alice about the 'Vampire Initiation Ritual'. He said we can do it tonight."

"Great. I totally forgot about that to be honest. What's the plan?"

"We'll have dinner at the hotel restaurant then go back to either mine or Alice's hotel room and have another party and make you an official vampire like the rest of us."

"Cool."

"Alice has gone to tell the others back at the hotel about our plan." Johnny was really happy. He was acting like a little boy on Christmas Eve. "Shania, you're going to love it."

"Great. I can't wait to be an official vampire like you guys."

*

At 4:30pm everyone got ready for dinner. Shania didn't know what to wear. She knew that the hotel restaurant wasn't fancy or anything, but she still wanted to look nice. She decided on a dress but she wasn't sure which one. One was baby pink and very flowy and wavy and the other was simple and black. The black one was probably the most appropriate but the pink was so much more prettier. She didn't know who to ask for help so she asked the only girl she knew on tour, Sheryl Cooper, Alice's wife. Shy texted a picture of each dress to Sheryl and waited for a reply.

SH: Which dress should I wear?

SC: The black one. Alice and I are wearing black and I assume most of the others will be too.

SH: OMG thank you so much.

Shania put the black dress on and put on some black tights underneath. She then grabbed her black converse and tried to brush her hair so it looked a little nicer than the bun it was in earlier. She grabbed her phone and purse and took the elevator  downstairs to the hotel restaurant. The hotel elevator was pretty big. As soon as she stepped inside she closed the doors and began going down. Just as the doors closed she spotted Malcolm on the other side of the door. Shy frantically pushed a few buttons in an attempt to make the elevator stop, but failed. The elevator went down and opened in the lobby. Shy felt bad for not opening the doors for Malcolm, and probably Johnny, but there was nothing she could do about that now. Just before the doors opened in the lobby Shy turned around to face the mirrors which lined the inside of the elevator and took a mirror selfie that she planned to post on Instagram later. She then walked out and looked for the others in the hotel restaurant.

The hotel restaurant was pretty busy, but there were still a few empty tables. She walked around for a few moments and saw Glen and Joe sitting opposite each other. Shania smiled and walked over to them.

"Hey guys."

"Hi, Shania."

"Hey." Both men stood up and hugged her. 

Shania didn't know where to sit. "Where should I sit?" She asked.

"You can sit beside me." Glen said.

"Alright." Shy sat around the table and sat on the right side of Glen. Shy wondered where Johnny had gotten too. She just saw Malcolm upstairs so she knew he must have been arriving soon with Johnny.

The next people who arrived were Sheryl and Alice. They both looked amazing. Sheryl wore an amazingly beautiful black gown which she must have bought since there was no way she could have fitted it in her suitcase. Alice looked a slick as always in his suit and red tie. Chris arrived next wearing a black suit jacket, white shirt and some black jeans. Then, finally, Johnny arrived in a gorgeous suit. It was the same sort of thing as he wore in court in on the 19 May 2022. It was all Tom Ford. He looked slick as well. He wore a grey suit jacket with a tiny little handkerchief in the top pocket. He wore matching grey trousers and black shirt under his jacket. Shy knew Johnny was hot, but damn, this was another level. Shy didn't even notice him walk towards the table until Joe got up and shook his hand. 

"Hey, man. Everyone is nearly here. We're just waiting on Buck and  Tommy before we can order." Joe told him while shaking his hand.

Johnny's eyes moved along the table. He said hi to Chris who was sitting on the left side of Glen, Joe, Alice, Sheryl, and finally Shania. Johnny's eyes glazed over her like she was irresistible to him. He moved in slow motion once he saw her. His eyes sparkled at her as their eyes lock with one another and a smile grew across his face. "Shania, hello..." His words were like caramel.

"Hello, Johnny." Shania jumped out of her seat and smiled at him. "Would you like to sit next to me?"

Johnny made a move towards Shy's side of the table, but Malcolm grabbed his arm. "Is that wise, sir?" Malcolm whispered.

"It's fine, Malc." Johnny ignored Malcolm's worry and sat down beside Shy. 

Buck and Tommy arrived soon after and everyone ordered dinner. Because this was a simple hotel restaurant everyone ordered comfort foods.

Johnny ordered a sirloin stake which nearly made Shy gag. Shy ordered a some chicken and mac and cheese. Glen ordered a beef burger. Chris ate spaghetti and meatballs, Buck ordered a chicken burger, Alice ordered something fishy, Sheryl ordered chicken and pasta and Tommy ordered a stake which was similar to what Johnny ordered and then for dessert everyone ordered cake for dessert. Everyone enjoyed their meal and then they went upstairs to Johnny's hotel room....