Teenage Dirtbag (8)

"When logic and proportion

Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head"

They covered the song a couple times each way. Shy adored Johnny's vocals, he sounded so perfect, like this song was made just for him to cover.

"That was really great, Little Havoc." Johnny seemed very pleased with her. Johnny brushed his hair out of the way and Shy gazed at it. She loved how his hair was a light brown and that the front part of is hair were a lighter colour than the rest. "Is my hair annoying you?" He asked since he spotted her staring at it.

"Oh no, not at all, sir. I actually quite like it."

"Really?"

"Yes. I wish my hair was as lovely as yours, Mr Depp. It looks really soft and silky."

"Thank you. The problem is, now we need to decide who did it better. I think your vocals were very good, Shania."

"Please call me Shy for short. Shania makes me sound like somebodies grandma"

Johnny smiled and laughed a little, "Somebodies grandma, really? I think it sounds really lovely and old fashioned, in a good was of course."

"Probably just you and my dad who think that then..."

"I bet if you were to ask anybody they'd agree with me, but I'll call you Shy if you prefer it."

"Thanks-"

"But only if you call me Johnny instead of Mr Depp. Depp is such a boring last name."

"I quite like it..."

"Clearly our own opinions on our names differ."

"I suppose they do. Anyway, what's next, Johnny?"

Johnny cracked a smile when he heard her call him by his first name, "I want to do a version with you and I singing for once. I think we should take it in turns. You sing the first part, then me then we'll sing it together then back to you repeated."

"Alright, let's go."

"One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small..."

While they sang it together, Raymond and Meghan came home with Meghan's two children. They saw that the recording studio door was wide open downstairs with no sign of anybody home. "Dad?" He shouted down into it, but there was no reply. "Do you think dads down there?" He asked Meghan.

"And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small"

Meghan found the note that Wayne left telling them he went out. "No. He left a note in the living room saying he went out. Maybe Shy's down there."

"But dad doesn't like her going down there alone... should we go and bust her?"

"No. She's busy recording her EP, isn't she? Maybe dad told her she was allowed as long as she only did it for a short amount of time. I'm sure she'll come back upstairs soon and explain things."

"Alright. I'm going to my room." Raymond went upstairs and Meghan stayed downstairs with her kids.

"When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head"

"Well done, Shy!" Johnny exclaimed. He took his headphones off and smiled the biggest grin he could at her.

"Thanks. I think your parts were better than mine though. I reckon my voice is too tired from recording my EP..."