I'm Terrified Of Rejection But I Get High Off Attention(27)

Once Shania got home she went straight upstairs to her room. She picked out some nice looking clothes and then went into the shower to make sure she washed off all the sweat that she had sweated out from playing in a sweaty recording studio for the last few hours. Once she was done she straightened her hair, did her makeup and got dressed.

*

Downstairs, Wayne and Raymond were watching TV when Wayne got a phone call from a friend who was doing a gig in London tonight and asked if Wayne and the kids wanted to go. Wayne got up and shouted up the stairs at Shania.

"Shy? Come here, please!"

Shania came down the stairs. "What?"

"Do you want to come with me and Raymond somewhere?" He asked. Then he noticed what Shy was wearing, "What the heck are you wearing?"

"I'm going out to see a friend..."

"No you're not. You are coming with me into London to watch-"

"No, dad."

"Yes. Come on."

"Noooo."

"Yes, Shy. Who are you meeting anyway?"

"A friend."

"Over my dead body. Do I even know who this friend is?"

"I don't care."

"Go upstairs, young lady and take that makeup off."

"Just leave me alone, dad. Why do you always have to ruin everything?" Shania turned around and returned to her bedroom. Instead of washing her makeup of, she had had a better idea. She grabbed a coat and opened her bedroom window. Her window looked out over the driveway of the house. She'd climbed out of her bedroom window plenty of time before so doing it again was no worry. She changed her shoes from heels to some black boots and climbed out. She clung her arms to the windowsill and prayed that she wouldn't fall. She closed the window a little but so if her father was to check her room, he wouldn't suspect she jumped out of the window. She shimmied down the drainage pipe and just as she neared the bottom, she slipped and fell backwards onto the ground. She didn't hit her head, but she did hit her back. She only fell a couple feet so it wasn't too bad. She got up and hoped that nobody heard her fall. She unlocked her car and drown a few feet down the street and texted Johnny.

S: Can I come over now?

Meanwhile, Johnny was at his hotel with the rest of his close friends such as Alice, Joe, and Chris who were also staying at the same hotel by coincidence. They were all sat down in the hotel lobby, in a nice fancy seating area drinking bourbon, beer and rum. This hotel lobby was very grand and put any other lobby to shame. It looked like this was a fancy cruise ship rather than a hotel. There were sofas everywhere, fake plants scattered around and waiters and waitresses walking all around offering drinks to the customers. The colour scheme was royal blue and yellow gold. Most of the things were blue with gold accents and the floor and the walls and ceilings looked like they were made from a type of breccia marble. The lighting was also incredible, there were medium sized chandeliers above every seating area and they actually looked like like they were lit by real candles. Behind the seating area was where the lobby reception was which also matched the same colour scheme.

Johnny rested his phone on his right knee while he chatted and sipped his glass of rum.  He kept checking his notifications until he got some contact with Shy. Eventually he saw her text message come through so he grabbed and phone and held it closely to his face so the others wouldn't see it. He read her message and then replied.

J: Yes. I am in the lobby with some of the others, but I'll make sure they leave before you arrive. Tell me when you're here. x

Johnny reverted back to sending kisses on the ends of his text messages to Shy.